Is this game more like "The Long Dark" or more like "Minecraft"?

• Have spent about 500 hours in The Long Dark now and looking for something else to do until the next update.

Steam recommended several "similar" games to me, with this being the most interesting, but the more I read, the more it seems like Minecraft. Is there much challenge (survival) to it right now or is it mostly just creative exploration/building?

• well keep in mind the game is still in alpha, but there is a survival element , atm you mostly only need to worry about hunger/thirst and animals like bears. and their is only 3 different types of biomes currently though the developers will likely release an update about that in the next month or so. i kinda hate it when people compare this game to minecraft lol. sure you can build and destroy stuff but to me the game feels more like an upgrade to mine craft than it is an knockoff. honestly i think rising world allows for more creativity in the building department. rising world has tons of blocks and lots of neat things to help you build with. in the future im sure Rising world will add more survival elements to appease those that like it. anyways, i suggest you buy the game now while its cheaper cause i think its going to be great in the future. And if you do buy it i recommenced playing on a Server. Visit FreaksRUs if you buy the game !

• It is definitely more like Minecraft, rather than like The Long Dark.
    The Long Dark appeared to me like a 'hardcore' survival game, I was a bit annoyed actually, that you are permanently put under such pressure to survive ^^ Don't know what kind of exploration game I wanted instead ^^
    Rising World requires you to eat food from time to time and there are hostile animals, as A_Uchiha said. But it is not hard to survive, since you find plenty of food and animals are quiet strong, but not impossible to kill.
    Minecraft on the other hand is more about building; same applies for Rising World as for now.
    There surely will be more survival apects in the game later, but for now, I think I can not recommend the game for you, if you are looking for a similiar game like The Long Dark

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!