Game Crashing Upon Starting

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • So I've checked out all my system specs and I meet all the requirements (to my knowledge) but my game keeps crashing when I try and start it. Every so often it will play, but it's quite tedious to have the game open and crash 20+ times to play it even once. I was wondering if there is something I could do to fix this.

I've read the trouble shooting guide on here and checked out my driver and graphics card, but they don't seem to be the problem because I recently had them checked out and updated due to problems with Skyrim (A lot of the textures were black - the same was going on in RW until I got everything sorted out). I thought fixing the drive would help stop the crashes, but it hasn't.

These are my specs (in case I missed something):
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Intel Core i5 3210M
    Processor 2.5GHz
    8 GB DIMM RAM
    1000GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

This is on a Dell Inspiron 5520, and it runs Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Anybody have a clue as to what might be happening?

=w=;;

edit:
    So I got it up for a few minutes before it crashed again and the black textures are back. I don't know if it helps to mention this, but I didn't have the texture when I first bought the game. It's kind of a new problem. (I say "kind of" because I'm not sure after which update it appeared. I didn't play the game for about 4-5 months due to being busy with school and work, and when I logged on a few days ago it updated and the texture was being wonky).

Also I checked out the "hs_err_pid" file that's mentioned in the trouble shooting guide... except there's 44 of them... and.. idk which one I need to post??

• Every time the game crashes, a hs_err_pid file will be created. Just upload the most recent file :)
    According to your description it sounds like a driver issue, especially old driver Versions for the Intel HD Graphics series are known to cause problems with OpenGL. Unfortunately laptop manufacturers don't always keep their drivers up-to-date, so eventually Dell is still offering an outdated version. But the hs_err_pid file should shed light on the dark

• This is the most recent file at the moment:

Sorry for my late response! :/ Unfortunately it's indeed caused by a bug in old Intel drivers. Intel already fixed these issues some time ago, so try to download and install the latest driver from the Intel homepage (sometimes it does not work for laptops unfortunately, but you should give it a try). It looks like Dell is only offering the broken driver from 2013...

Same issue. Game crashes after login.

Thanks for the log files! In this case it's an OpenGL bug in the current AMD driver generation. Unfortunately there is no fix available yet, only thing you can try is to go to your game directory, open the config.properties file with a texteditor and set "graphic_instancing" to false. In most cases this either solves the problem, or at least reduces the crash frequency. Unfortunately this causes a higher memory consumption and - depending on your system - eventually a slightly lower framerate.
    We will start working on a solution for that in the next time, since it's unclear weather and when the driver bug will be fixed...

• Yes, I recently updated the AMD drivers from 15.20.something to 15.30.whatever as those nag screens became annoying ^^. Could be possible that I did not play since this anymore.

Seems to work in first place. I will try a couple more times later.

Thanks.

• Thanks anyway! And yeah, already tried updating them - still didn't work, but at least I now know for sure what's going on.
    ^-^; At least now I'll have a good reason to invest in a new computer!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!