Renaming Blueprints

• Hi
    Akeel with you:
    I have downloaded the Blue Print name change app called "rename_bp, however it looks like it only lets you rename whole folders
    not individual blueprints.
    Here is what I'm trying to do:

One of my Blue Print's name is: Akeels_Crafting_Lodge_1448937204.blueprint.
    What I want to do is add a short description to the blue print such as:
    Size: 20X20 blocks facing West, (orientation is especially helpful for items with blocks which cannot be rotated).
    When it comes to smaller Blue Print items, such as knobs and small cylinders,
    you really can't tell from the picture generated in your journal what the thing looks like so what I want to do
    again is to include the item name of the material and it's ID number.
    How can I do that with already existing blueprints in the file without corrupting them?

I browsed the entire Blue Print Section of this Forum and found no help.

Thanks
    Akeel

• You can overwrite name of Blueprint in your steam library - steamapps - risingworld - common - blueprints.
    Or you set your blueprint, copy it, rename it and delete the old one with the wrong name.

If you're unsure make a copy of your files. :)

• Well this is really strange, I can change the name in the blueprint folder but the journal still shows the old name, it's a matter of fact, I can remove a blue print file from the folder in the library, cut and paste it to my desktop and it still shows up in the journal and is still useable. Any other ideas "mein Freund?" I tried renaming and leaving the time stamp or whatever that number is, in tact, still not working.

Dankeschön

Akeel

• I have restarted the game several times, still not working, can you try it on your own files and verify that it is working for you? I did a file integrity check and all was OK.
    Please see the last item on both screenshots. I changed Target to Zielscheibe in the blueprint files but it still shows up as Target in journal. Hate to take up your time with this trivial question but I'm a stickler for accuracy.
    Thanks

Akeel
    Akeel

• I usually transfer them from one category folder to another and it work well, but when I want rename 1 blueprint I usually just remake 1 new one, I never directly rename the file. To do so you better go in a solo creative game since BP can be precious in survival, place the old 1 (or not if you still have the original build here) and create 1 new them delete the old 1.

Also not trivial, I passed several hours renaming and classing my BP when they give us category.

• Thanks for your help grosjambon and Deirdre, I started just what you mentioned grosjambon, it's a pain but at least I can be more accurate in picking
    out just which blueprint item I need, also gave me a chance to pre-rotate some items from vertical to horizontal and visa versa which is sometimes
    hard to do in tight places when it's the wrong orientation. Never a dull moment in this game and innovative possibilities are endless.

Thanks and Danke

Akeel

• red51

Added the Label Java Version

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!