Singleplayer Menu on Linux machine

• Hey y'all,

I've been watching my sister play Rising World and finally decided to get it for myself. Wanted to give the devs some quick feedback, since I know how many people don't use Linux computers (I'm using Ubuntu 15.05 machine, 1920x1080 resolution).

When I originally tried opening the singleplayer menu, I couldn't see the last little part of the screen; if you used the bottommost nail on the left side of the screen as a measure, draw a line from it all the way across the width of the screen. Everything below it was cut off. However, when I went into settings, turned fullscreen mode on, and restarted the game I could see everything -- but the game still wasn't in fullscreen mode. Also, even applying the fullscreen mode changes was difficult because the save settings button was at the bottom part of the screen that was cut off. I managed to do so by switching through the settings tabs, though.

When I tried recreating the problem, I couldn't. It only happened the very first time I loaded the game after installing it. However, any time I try to toggle fullscreen mode on I continue to receive the message that I've disabled fullscreen mode and my game restarts.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, so if it isn't, my apologies.

• I've moved the topic to the help section, maybe that's a little bit more suitable ^^

About your problem: So when playing in windowed mode, and you select "1920x1080" ingame (which is also your desktop resolution?), you can't see the full window, i.e. it's cut off at the bottom? At least on Windows there is a "similar" issue when using a high dpi device and display scaling is enabled, not sure if there is something comparable on Linux?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!