Suggestion for double doors

• Is there a way to create double doors?, right now the single doors open opposite when you put 2 together (one opens to the inside and the other to the outside because when you rotate the door that is what happens)

Seek and ye shall find. The Master

• This isn't really obvious but you can already have double doors in-game

You have to place 1 door like you usually do and then you have to place the second door in an OPEN position and align the guide-line with the other door to where it will be at the SHUT position.

Once you've done that close the door you've just place and check if it's aligned good enough ( it will take a few tries to align perfectly )

So basically you're placing 1 door in an open position and the other in a closed position. and there you have it double doors that open in the same direction. :thumbsup:

If it's not clear then i'll try and explain even more.
    Good luck !

• Well that makes so much more sense than my idea to rotate the doors just like you would blocks with the up and down arrow key.

Also, it won't really be that difficult to set up. Just use g to show the grid, put down one door, use g again, set the other door down right next to it but don't place it, hold the left mouse button and figure out with grid square the left edge of the door is going to land on, then rotate the door ninety degrees with the arrow keys and put it down on the grid square where it was going to be.

The only thing that I wish could happen would be a single click to open both doors.

• It was a little harder than I imagined it would be. For iron grates, they don't line up properly. Adjusting them using the grid didn't work, eventually I just had to eyeball it. Also, if you line one up with the grid right next to any block structure, when the door opens it clips into the wall. I got it after like, 10 minutes, though. So yeah. Better doors added to the suggestions list would be great.
    When you're setting doors up, the green arrows showing which way the door opens up need to more accurately reflect how far the door opens Right now it's off by about 5 centimeters. It also needs to more accurately reflect the pivot point, which is also off by about 2.5 centimeters.

• Well that makes so much more sense than my idea to rotate the doors just like you would blocks with the up and down arrow key.

Also, it won't really be that difficult to set up. Just use g to show the grid, put down one door, use g again, set the other door down right next to it but don't place it, hold the left mouse button and figure out with grid square the left edge of the door is going to land on, then rotate the door ninety degrees with the arrow keys and put it down on the grid square where it was going to be.

Lol you've replied to the wrong person. I wasn't the one asking the question. :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!