Client fails to connect to dedicated server 100% of the time now.

• I brought down the test server. The main server is up, but is no longer in the server list for some reason. I rebooted it a couple minutes ago. We are experiencing connection issues and issues with the server list at the moment. :(

• I brought down the test server. The main server is up, but is no longer in the server list for some reason. I rebooted it a couple minutes ago. We are experiencing connection issues and issues with the server list at the moment. :(

I haven't been able to connect at all today (albeit, I've never tried before, as I didn't know it existed till the server list).

Just wanted to experience the multiplayer ;( -cries-

• I can't even see it in the server list anymore. I am direct connected to it right now. Try "connect to IP" and use win.thedeadlands.net:30500

• I can't even see it in the server list anymore. I am direct connected to it right now. Try "connect to IP" and use win.thedeadlands.net:30500

I'll check that soon - can't check right now, uploading a video to show 2 bugs I've just encountered.

• Yeah I can't get them to show up. As soon as those other servers showed up, mine were pretty much squashed. You connected to the test server. I have my main server down currently. I guess I can bring it back up. I need to get to work on the AreaProtection. I meant to finish it this weekend, but have been spending all my time waiting for things to be resolved. Got some good gaming in though on This War of Mine. Great game!

• Yeah I can't get them to show up. As soon as those other servers showed up, mine were pretty much squashed. You connected to the test server. I have my main server down currently. I guess I can bring it back up. I need to get to work on the AreaProtection. I meant to finish it this weekend, but have been spending all my time waiting for things to be resolved. Got some good gaming in though on This War of Mine. Great game!

I'm sure everything will get fixed - we've all just got to get to reporting all these bugs, even ones that seem minor might lead on to much larger bugs within the game.

• Was able to connect to your server. Had a connection error, and now upon reconnect get a connection error. The status bar shows the creation of "ice house, plants, ect ect" but fails to finish even 1/5th before it throws up the error: connection error.

Giving a few to let the server drop my IP, if it still thinks I am connected that might cause the error. Will update as needed.

Here is the output of my info file on the error:
    Dec 14, 2014 3:41:14 PM com.jme3.network.base.DefaultClient handleError
    SEVERE: Termining connection due to unhandled error
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at an.B.a(SourceFile:49)
    at an.B.messageReceived(SourceFile:32)
    at com.jme3.network.base.MessageListenerRegistry.messageReceived(MessageListenerRegistry.java:73)
    at com.jme3.network.base.DefaultClient.dispatch(DefaultClient.java:408)
    at com.jme3.network.base.DefaultClient$Redispatch.messageReceived(DefaultClient.java:416)
    at com.jme3.network.base.ConnectorAdapter.dispatch(ConnectorAdapter.java:132)
    at com.jme3.network.base.ConnectorAdapter.run(ConnectorAdapter.java:174)

Dec 14, 2014 3:41:25 PM com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace removeRigidBody
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@d14fdfe does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@29e61303 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@3986ce4b does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    warning CollisionDispatcher.needsCollision: static-static collision!
    Dec 14, 2014 3:42:50 PM com.jme3.network.base.DefaultClient handleError
    SEVERE: Termining connection due to unhandled error
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at an.B.a(SourceFile:49)
    at an.B.messageReceived(SourceFile:32)
    at com.jme3.network.base.MessageListenerRegistry.messageReceived(MessageListenerRegistry.java:73)
    at com.jme3.network.base.DefaultClient.dispatch(DefaultClient.java:408)
    at com.jme3.network.base.DefaultClient$Redispatch.messageReceived(DefaultClient.java:416)
    at com.jme3.network.base.ConnectorAdapter.dispatch(ConnectorAdapter.java:132)
    at com.jme3.network.base.ConnectorAdapter.run(ConnectorAdapter.java:174)

Dec 14, 2014 3:43:00 PM com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace removeRigidBody
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@76fa00c5 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@4bbe41d1 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@7720c182 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@7b3ce409 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@5d663f83 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@64ef5d37 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@15b2bcf9 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@9321eea does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@6544a268 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@7bdc5d12 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.
    WARNING: RigidBody com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl@7b8973e4 does not exist in PhysicsSpace, cannot remove.

• New error message:

connectionerror (all one word now)

Checking the info log.

update: added log, and going to reinstall to insure all these errors arent my end as i saw something about bad patching.

Files

• info.txt

(12.58 kB, downloaded 195 times, last: )
  • ahhh...ok, that would make sense as there were 5 on when i tried to reconnect.

I am able to get on the other ones (the 100+ ping ones)
    ------------------update
    Yup, filed to connect and are 5 people listed as on.

• @antikoa: Thanks for the client log! There was a bug related to animals, causing crashes. Not sure if this was the bug causing those annoying "connection errors" currently, we have to do some further research. Unfortunately don't know yet why the server crashed, as seen in @Absaloms server log. Hmm

• @red51 No worries, glad it helped.

Today home sick from work: Still having the new connection error. However, my log file looks different than it did last night.... Server I tried has 5 people on it and the other have 5+ so I am not sure if the "5 connection" cap is real or not. Attached today's log.....

Files

• info.txt

(12.59 kB, downloaded 198 times, last: )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!