Arch linux, fresh install, ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

• tried the suggestion from Bug repport after installing the "linux Lwjgl xrand fix" replaced lwjgl, but still same error.

Linux 4.4.5-1-ARCH Java: 1.8.0_91 amd64 0.7.0.2_28 -H:1536-DMemDirect=1024-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=1024m -D:null (Steam)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.createContext(LwjglDisplay.java:111)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:114)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:212)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.getAvailableDisplayModes(LinuxDisplay.java:951)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.init(LinuxDisplay.java:738)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:138)
    ... 4 more
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.getAvailableDisplayModes(LinuxDisplay.java:951)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.init(LinuxDisplay.java:738)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:138)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.createContext(LwjglDisplay.java:111)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:114)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:212)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• Unfortunately Linux Arch is not officially supported by Steam (Steam only supports Ubuntu). Steam ships with its own libraries, unfortunately they don't work properly. As a result, xrandr no longer gives any valid output, and lwjgl is unable to find any display modes.
    But a workaround for this issue is available, please try this: Rightclick on RW in Steam -> Properties -> Betas -> select "testbranch - pre 0.7.0.3", the game should start now :) Eventually fullscreen mode does not work properly, in this case just disable fullscreen mode, adapt your resolution to your desktop resolution and check the "Undecorated" box (this provides an alternative fullscreen mode)

• umm, well, lwjgl has no problems working with minecraft, and steam is working fine, has been for months, had some earlier problems with alsa/pulse, but i fixed them.

other than that, i've run rising world on this system before just fine, so methinks its something todo with recent changes.

will try the testing version later and post back.

• lwjgl has no problems working with minecraft, and steam is working fine, has been for months, had some earlier problems with alsa/pulse, but i fixed them.

As mentioned, it is related to Steam, so obviously Lwjgl has no problems working with Minecraft (since Minecraft is a non-Steam game) ;) Most likely you can run the Standalone version of Rising World (i.e. the non-Steam version) without any problems. But when starting a game through Steam, the Steam libraries are used instead of your system libraries, as a result xrandr no longer gives a valid output (at least on Fedora xrandr returns an empty string when the Steam libraries are loaded, I guess it's the same issue on Arch, since Steam only officially supports Ubuntu). You can solve the issue either by using the native runtime, or by using the testbranch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!