Changing Text Color

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • I was curious if it was possible to change text colors in single player. I eventually want to make my SP world a LAN type world (can't afford the server, sorry), and wanted to tinker with settings before I did any of that. So can I do that? Or would I only be able to do that once I make it LAN available?

• What text are you talking about... On signs? If you are talking about the player text chat/names, then these colors are defined in the .permissions files and these work whether in SP or not, but you would not have any players in other groups (.permissions files) unless you are multiplayer.

• If you're referring to chat text color or nametag colors: This can be changed in the permissions files, as mentioned by @Jon_miner ;) Although I highly recommend to use the dedicated server files instead of the LAN mode if you want to work with permissions (since the dedicated server grants more access to the settings). You can run the dedicated server on your local machine (it's basically the same as the LAN mode, with the exception that it runs independently of the game).
    Here are more information about the permissions btw, in your case the "Info (visual)" part is what you're looking for: Permission system

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!