Questions about server commands and possibly hosts

• I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.

1. I'm interested to know about server host options. Right now I use Nitrado but I'm not 100% sold on it; I also know about GTXGaming and PingPerfect. Are there any USA based companies that provide hosting? The three above are all in Europe so customer service can be slow and my current job pays on a prepaid card. I've tried switching to direct deposit but they don't offer it (small company who doesn't want the expense of checks I'm told). Prepaid cards don't allow automatic overseas payments, just one time buys and that makes keeping a host problematic.

2. How do you move the server worldspawn point for new players? Right now it seems to be random, at least for us. One person was spawned underground, another in water and I spawned on top of a bear. I'd like a dedicated spawn area without having to go in and clear out the entire section where the 3 known spawns were.

3. Using the goto command will almost always put the user underground. While I understand that goto #origin will do this if the terrain at 0,0,0 is higher than y=0, it shouldn't do this for goto playerX, correct?

4. Chat Colors. I can get the basic player names to show up in color but not their text and admin show up as the same color as players.
    Here's the code for the admin.permissions file (currently still the default):

Code
    group: Admin
    chatnamecolor: 0x0000FF
    chatprefix: (Admin)
    chatprefixcolor: 0x0000FF
    shownametag: true
    showadmintag: true
    nametagcolor: 0x0000FF
    nametagprefix: (Admin)
    nametagprefixcolor: 0x0000FF

And here's the one for the default.permissions:

Code
    chatcolor: 0xF1DF60
    chatnamecolor: 0xF1DF60
  • I'm interested to know about server host options

Unfortunately I can't say much about US based server hosters, but as a last resort, you could also run the server on your local machine. The dedicated server files are available for free, only thing you have to do is to forward the required ports in your router (by default 4254 - 4258 TCP and UDP).

How do you move the server worldspawn point for new players?

You can set the default worldspawn by typing "setspawn" into console (this requires admin permissions) ;) Although it's strange that the players spawned at random locations on your server previously, this isn't supposed to happen 8| Are you running any Lua scripts or Plugins?

Using the goto command will almost always put the user underground

That's also very strange =O Where do you get exactly (elevation)? Very deep, or just slightly below the surface?

Chat Colors. I can get the basic player names to show up in color but not their text and admin show up as the same color as players.
    Here's the code for the admin.permissions file (currently still the default):

Hmm... apparently there is a bug in the permissions when using certain color codes for the chat color... instead of color 0xF1DF60, try to use 0xFADF60 (this is very similar to your original color). We will fix this bug with the next update :)

• First, no scripts or plugins at this time, although I am considering Area Protection, Admin Tools and GPS. I thought that setspawn only worked for players' personal spawns, not the world one.
    As for the elevation, usually it's at least 20-30 blocks below surface on plains and deeper for hills and mountains.

I will try the different color code and we're definitely waiting for the next update. One of our players is hoping that eventually she'll be able to change chat size because it's hard to read the small type for her.

Thanks for the reply...now back to my new addiction, er game. :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!