My Way of Playing A New Seed

• When starting a new game I like to use a select method to determine the seed I will play.... and to do this I use the current date and time.

You can use the date format you use but here in Australia I use ddmmyyyy format

The seed I have used this morning is 270720170414am which of course is 4:14am on 27th July 2017.

After about 5 minutes of wandering I found this scenery where I will setup camp.

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• Though the last picture is a nice area I prefer to find a heavy forest area Daniel Boone style.

So with the sea always to my right I set out as the sun sets and travel through the night collecting food , coal and ore as I travel along the coast.

As morning arrives I reach a huge forest area which is where my camp will be based.
    As usual with the areas I go.....bear country.

Modded Rising World 2024

• Venturing into this area I move slowly as the bears will be on you before you know it.
    So knowing this is bear infested territory and that I have no weapons each step is taken with caution listening for bears in the area.

This is actually a nice area as there is plenty of food to be found as I move through the forest.

The picture shows 2 tomato plants ready for picking..... I have just picked a tomato plant seconds before taking this picture.

Modded Rising World 2024

• The area is full of useful items..... cotton.....hemp.....watermelons......at least a dozen tomato plants......
    No bears as yet but we did get close to a fox which scampered off when it saw us.

But with so many trees around us it is only a matter of time before we meet a bear.

Modded Rising World 2024

• An area full of trees , food and cotton but no water and no stone or much needed ores.

So a trip heading inland heading away from the ocean and I stimble across a lake and a mine.
    No ores evident but a large mine with many tunnels.

So while my main camp is in the trees I am setting up a secondary camp where I will have my smelter and workshop and do my mining.

The problem is without a map I will not find the way to and from the mine easily.

So a trail of 5 campfires have been left as beacons to guide the way.... spaced out so that the glow of the light can just be seen over the horizon as shown below.

5 beacons tells exactly how far away my workshop area will be from the cabin.

I did try going back to the base camp last night but as I approached the camp I heard a bear..... so I turned around and headed back to the last beacon I had passed whose light lit up enough of the area so I could see any bear coming my way.

Modded Rising World 2024

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!