Using the ore detector.

• I'm looking for some tips for using the ore detector. While it's better than just digging at random, I'm wondering if there's something I can do to improve my technique. I'm confused by the fact I lose the signal by moving a small step, but this could be due to the fact I've picked this vein of aluminium out and I'm looking for an invisible remnant, but there's also the fact that the needle is showing "low". Which confuses me more. Anyway, here's the video, if there's some hints that can be thrown my way, I'd appreciate them. My apologies for having Discord going at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgp7gW8tdlA

Bottom line, though, I could just look around some more because I can locate an untapped vein with it, I'm being obsessed and perhaps just let it go and look for another vein. I could check out some of the higher elevation caves.

EDIT: I can't seem to embed the video, but that's not a big deal.

• You are indeed chasing ghost ore. If you really want to rid yourself of it, fill the hole with stone, and the ore should reappear. Mine it out again which will yield a few more pieces. Wash-rinse-repeat until the signal is gone. With a signal that weak it is not picking up any additional deposit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!