Posts by Jumbod

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Hi, I was just wondering if other Mac users are experiencing a problem similar to myself, and if not then what's up ... LOL ...

The trouble is that ONLY FOR THIS GAME ... I'm unable to link with the Steam Overlay, and chat with my friends & all ... like via SHIFT/TAB ... also I see NO notification windows in-game. Like I said it only happens in Rising Worlds ... I'm new to the game AND LOVING IT ... so I expect to be spending some time in it ... sure would be nice to link with my mates, but it's not like URGENT or anything ... Maybe someone has a tip ... RED51 has been VERY AWESOME in helping with the game in the Steam forums & here ... got it up & running all except for the Steam overlay ...

Anyway, thanks for any tips/advice, and HAPPY GAMING ... ! :thumbup:

Thanks guys for your helpful info. ... but like I was thinking ... it was only my standard "Mac" mouse that was the problem ... never really thought of using another mouse until now ... it's like the Mac mouse DOESN'T let you Left/right click separately ... it's like a hard plastic shell - which works great ... except like now ... got myself a new BT mouse & it tests fine ... Hope 2 C summa U guys in Multi. sometime ... happy building ... ! :thumbsup:

Hi, I'm not sure about the containers, but the "spiral" stairs in the background is something I plan to add to my Modern house .. that is after I learn the basic of building in this box ... LOL ... cheers. !

Hi, you guys seem to be very knowledgeable so may I ask you a question. I seem to be UNABLE to create a row of blocks ... I know left click & hold to make the line but since I'm holding on left ... I'm unable to right click ... when I go to do so I lose the row ... do we need a special mouse or some settings ... I can do it ONE BLOCK @ A TIME, but it sure would be nice to do it the faster/more efficient way ... thanks for any time to answer ... :?:

P. S. - I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference ... cheers ... !

:P WOW ... way awesome ... I found one "xerces" file under "/Library/Java/Extensions" and copied/removed it (saved) ... the I tried to open the game, and it seems to work - I got to the opening screen & adjusted some of the options & seems ok ... THANKS FOR YOUR KIND & PROFESSIONAL HELP ... I gotta go pickup my bike, but when I get back I'll test out the game ... have a nice day ... !

:thumbup:

:)

Hi, thanks for responding. First, I can't really run the game AT ALL ... as noted above. Couldn't find a way to " run the game with launch options "+debug" ... But I went to the LOCAL FILES folder (been there many times LOL), and copied the "info" file - ATTACHED BELOW. I really hope we can get the game running because as a Civil/Const. Engineer in real life the game is my type of game ... again thanks for any help.

Ops ... it said FILE EXTENSION IS INVALID so I zipped it - in case you can't open it here is what it said:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
    org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementImpl.getTextContent()Ljava/lang/String;
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.loadGame(SteamLoader.java:77)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.<init>(SteamLoader.java:58)
    at steamloader.SteamLoader.main(SteamLoader.java:27)

Files

• info.zip

(322 Byte, downloaded 259 times, last: )

Hi bro. ... no, I'm the only one on this computer so I have admin powers & all ... ya, and when I try to open it just says RUNNING for a few seconds, but NOTHING appears in the dock like my other games ... btw, can I download it again without paying? Should I do that through the site or via Steam? I wonder what you have that I don't ... I really wanna play this game ... hope we can get it up.

I really appreciate your helpfulness ... thank you ... !

Hi, this post is in response to both of the kind replies I received above ... I'll address all points in turn ... First, thanks a lot for your kind help.

1. Yes, my Mac is running 10.11.3 UP TO DATE ...

2. Ya, my Memory is 8 GB and checking via the "Activity Monitor" it's running low.

3. In Steam, I right clicked on the game app. & went to "Verify Integrity of Game" ... @ first it said - 1 file failed to validate & will be reacquired - then the second time it was fully validated.

4. Now, THIS IS WHERE I THINK THE PROBLEM IS ... I went to terminal to check java version and I got this > No Java runtime present, requesting install. ... So I clicked the popup and it took me to the Oracle download site. Then I matched the DL with what RED51 posted and downloaded a damage which is =

jdk-8u71-macosx-x64

I plan to install it once you verify that it's the one that I need & that it is safe to install ... I'm not Pro. with "under the hood" stuff ...

BTW ... I plan this weekend to upgrade my 27" Mac (it's way old) to the latest 5K+ with TOTAL max+ ... so that will be cool ... !

I will wait for your verification that the above is okay to install ... now I go to gym .... THANKS A LOT ... !

Hi, I just tried to open my new game on "steam", but the it does not start at all, nothing happens when starting the game. I tried their HELP advice, but it doesn't do a thing ... they said to right click on the game & travel to a file called "CommonRedist" which was supposed to be in my Rising world folder ... but no such file ... It's kinda sad cuz I was really looking forward to playing ... does anyone have any advice ... and BTW I'm on a MAC ...

Thank you ... !

Thank you ... I thought I tried all that stuff last night, but musta missed s. t. ... I'm 101 new 2 this game & looking forward 2 it ... Love creating stuff ... have a nice day ... !