Posts by Humphrey_Max

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Yeah, I'm all dried up on this game right now. I love it but the updates are some of the slowest ever. At least they are correct and work when they are released though, that's more than most games can say these days. Until water comes out, I'm on a break.

Is there any way to change an already created world on a server to creative once generated in survival? I tried using the setting it via CLI in the game but got a error telling me I can't do that. It's a hosted server on my Linux box that I port forwarded and recently we have wanted to just build things while digging when needed as things are getting tedious until other tools and updates roll out. I could just spawn the stuff or blueprint it and paste it in a new world I suppose but I am trying to wait until water is released before I go that route. Any insight would be great, I didn't see anything in the server.properties file that would let me change it over.

Also, if for some reason you are not an admin of your server, the rights to move things my be restricted. I had this issue when I took up my dedicated server and had to put myself as an admin in the config file.

Just a caveat, deleting the game and reinstalling on Steam will not force you to buy it again. That library on Steam is there for you to download at your whim. That goes for any game. You could delete Rising World 50 times and re-download it 50 times, it doesn't matter.

Hmm, there aren't any privilege issues I assume? You could assign the whole folder as Read/Write to you if it isn't already. I'd redownload at this point regardless to see what happens. When you try to open, does the java icon appear in the dock and bounce as if it's trying to open?

Out of curiosity, what does the game use that requires UDP?

EDIT:

I pushed Java 8 as the new default, ported over the world folder...after having to use chown and then landed it up and everything is running great. I appreciate all of the help. Does anyone have script already created that does daily restarts? I know it's recommended, guess I could whip up something on my own.

The morning star really pounds the moose but they still come close to killing you. Me and a friend tag teamed a bear, he had a battle axe and I had the morning star and we pounded that bear into the ground. You might try enlisted some help if you can't get them or just ignore them and stay away from the bears. Their aggro range isn't too bad.

I'm on OS X as well. No problems on my end. You can try a few things but Apple just released the new Java to us a few days ago, did you attempt that yet?

OS X 10.11.3 runs fine, at least for me. Not sure how knowledgeable you are on OS X so here are some things I can think of off the top of my head.

• Check your OS X version and compare it to what red51 posted.
    • What is your total RAM? How much is being used?
      • Check your RAM usage, type Activity Monitor in the search in the upper right corner and then go to Memory. As long as you aren't capped out you should be fine, the green graph should be relatively low or bottomed out.
      • If it's high you can restart or issue a "sudo purge" at the terminal.
        • To get to Terminal repeat the search above but type Terminal instead.
    • You can also verify file integrity in Steam if you don't want to re-download.

• Go to your library, select Rising World, right click, go to properties, click the local files tab, then select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".
    • Check your Java, open a terminal and type "java -version"
      • Alternatively, Go to System Preferences (The gears icon), click Java and then go to the update tab and check there.
    • Failing that, go to /Users/(Your username here)/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/RisingWorld

• right click finder then click Go to Folder then type: ~/Library

• Then go to the path I listed above.
      • Check for Risingworldosx and the java file there. If they aren't there then you would have to cycle back and redownload the game as I mentioned earlier. I'm not sure if verifying file integrity would fix that, it might though.

I can't think of anything else you could really do. If no error message appears. I would definitely try firing off the Risingworldosx application from the steam folder itself.

java version "1.7.0_80"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_80-b15)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.80-b11, mixed mode)

I'm wondering if this new distro of Linux Mint has some other Java in it and I can't see anything other than version 7 installed so... I think JDK 8 is still beta though so that wouldn't be on there anyways.

Edit: Java 8 is released, I wonder if I pushed 8 if it would work.

I am getting a weird java error after following these steps to the T twice.

Here is the Java error:

Also, if I wanted to move my local LAN server to this Mint server, what would I need to do?

Linux Mint 17.3
    3 GB RAM
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz