Posts by joni909

Hi Jon,

Red did mention some other furnaces in the works. There would be a more primitive furnace as well as a small furnace. Id imagine those require less stone. My ideas are mainly to get from barehanded to around the point we currently start out where essentially we chop some trees down and make a workbench. So for the scope of my original post, metallurgy doesnt even come into play.

:thumbup:

Hi Miwware,
    For 1a my idea was only a suggestion for the technical issue of how to hide that transitional moment in game when objects in the field respawn or change. For example, if you stare at a tree in game for hours, at some point that tree has to be redrawn as it matures. There are only 2 or 3 states modeled for trees in Rising World. I dont know how this is currently addressed. Maybe the tree redraws the next time its in your visible range. I havent kept a game open 5 hours or so just to see how its handled.

For 2a. I was referring to primitive tools made of stone, not the iron tools we currently start with. Red is already planning to drop the iron tools from inventory once primitve tools can be crafted. I am simply trying to figure out a good recipe system and other ideas to get us to a crafting table. Once we are able to craft a workbench then we can use the currently implemented approach to making an anvil and then making the components for iron tools.

And in 2b, as I said, we will have primitive stone tools that we can use for mining more stone to make the furnace. The stone tools will surely have less effectiveness and durability as iron.

at least there isn't any wooden pickaxes like in minecraft

yeah because there'll be more demands on different things like chairs and cars.
    in that case Red and them just need to implement the bases and things they them self want in the game and some small things for the players who wants to play vanila.

it could be good with a way to implement modpacks for servers and some kind of temp file for the client so that you can use the mods the server offers while on the server and only the servers mods and when you go back to singleplayer you can use your own stuff

we just need to call @red51 over here and see what he thinks

Yeah yeah yeah.. I'm gaining a reputation for being an insider. So be it. I found Red51 to be really approachable. Just realize that if he doesnt respond to you immediately then he might be busy. My primary motivation was to help with reducing some of the communication burden he has (something that's really helped this game stand out from a community perspective). If Red doesnt have to repeat himself then he can spend more time focusing on the development. Being approachable as he is can also backfire when he needs to get work done. So I feel bad sometimes about chatting with him as often as I do.

Before the game hit Steam, when the game was called Concept, there was a bugtracking tool on the old website. I really wish we had something like that again that was community managed to help with tracking suggestions, approved suggestions, rejected suggestions, reported bugs, fixed bugs, changes in progress, implemented features. Kind of like a SCRUM board for those with any project management experience.

yep and we really should help each other as much as possible

What's Burning Board Software? Call me a noob all you want but I do all my gaming, viewing and activities on my computer. (Streaming is the future!)

the layout of the page and functions on the site in a easier - ish way to put it