Posts by Minotorious

Dein Problem ist dass du den Portals.jar file entpacks hast. Dein filesystem soll wie im Screenshot ausschauen:

RW-Ordner -> plugins -> Portals -> Portals.jar (nicht entpackt, nur aus dem .zip file entpacken)

regarding the onDisable() method of a plugin, If I execute a series of Insert, Update, and Delete statements in that method will my SQLite database be actually written to or will they all be ignored and the plugin will just shut down without doing anything?

By the time i realized it, it was passed the 5 minute mark so i was pretty screwed and had to tear it all down by hand.

in that case next time you can enter creative mode and use the area removal tool ;)

To enter creative mode type "gm 1" in the console (without the quotes) and the removal tool is under F7 i think but you have to check. To use it select an area and then press the Del key on your keyboard to empty it

I only visit other peoples servers to look around.

Unfortunately on many servers this can be seen as building time to higher ranks without committing to the server and since higher ranks for instance on our server means more creative permissions and thus more capabilities for causing chaos on the server we prefer if our players start building almost immediately after finding an area to claim. Thus they will have to think twice before creating problems as their area and build is on the line if they get banned.

Additionally though we have the guest player group to allow people to visit and look around w/o getting in the server's automatic ranking system. You are more than welcome to visit us anytime you like :) we have some awesome builds to show off :P

Wait till they go from Alpha to Beta.. probably take a server wipe. Happened in many many of these building type survival games. I guess you can just not upgrade your server and play alone.

Even before the game goes from Alpha to Beta there will be a few updates (e.g. the dynamic water one, or possibly an update introducing new biomes or changing the game in a very extensive manner) that will require a world reset, that includes SP worlds. Red has said he will try to keep such updates for the very end of the Alpha phase so that we can all build in peace for now.

When such an update happens unfortunately you will not 100% be able to keep playing the game on the old version w/o updating it (I would think at least for steam users the update will be mandatory). Then you will have to create a new world and use blueprints to get your old buildings in.

When such an update is close I think red will give us a heads up to have some time to blueprint all our builds so that we don't lose them. Though it is good practice to blueprint your builds regularly (at least if you are making changes to them that you want to keep, if you make no changes to something ofc you don't have to keep blueprinting it again and again :D )

I got a message from a server today that I was not "Whitelisted" and could not play. Oh really? LOL

Well that is just a private server you are not supposed to be able to connect to. A whitelist is one of the most common ways to have a private but publicly visible server for the selected friends/players to be able to easily find and connect to. I am a member in 2 such servers and I to be frank there is nothing wrong with wanting privacy when playing with friends.

well just take a look at the blueprint section of this forum to see what others have built. This is currently a building game not a survival game if you are bored of just building then unfortunately this is not the game for you at its current state.

type undoblueprint in the console to remove the wrongly placed print and try placing it again. Sometimes on large blueprints it happens. Sometimes also relogging makes the rest of the blueprint appear as you not seeing it can also be just a visual glitch

oh yes unfortunately this is nothing other than a texture artefact :( would be nice to see real ancient cave drawings at some point randomly generated in the caves we explore, would make them so much more interesting :D