Posts by Minotorious

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

I get the same with fog (day and night) in my houses even though they are all tight shut from all sides. No problem with in house rains so far but I cannot see rain through windows as well as zfox reported. Graphics settings are all maxed out for me too.

I have had many cases where the triangular blocks don't line up with themselves or cubic blocks, my suggestion just use planks and beams for triangular or sloped surfaces and blocks only for main walls etc.

I will add to your bug report another one I encountered when trying to use a blueprint:

Error occurred during application-update (25)
    java.lang.ClassCastException

Relogged and the issue did not occur again :)

here is a debug console dump in case it helps with finding a solution to my problem.

The last lines in the file where the problem seems to appear are:

::::::ON CLIENT CONNECT ERROR
    showLayerAlwaysOnTop: I.a not found!

load servers: 2

EDIT: I used my cellphone's 4G tethering and I connected to the EffenDor server without a problem

No not a cellphone (though I believe a cell phone connection would probably be faster than my current speed :P ). It is an ADSL connection.

The speed is up to 10 Mbps Download and 1 Mbps upload, ping depending on the server can range from 60 (europe) to 120 (USA) to 250 (Asia). At least these are the typical numbers we get here.

Though I don't think the speed should be the problem as I can play Overwatch for instance without any problem and that is much more internet intensive than RW

the icon on the top right in the main menu is green so I suppose I am connected to the HIVE server.

When I try to join a server it just gets stuck at "connecting...." never goes to even write 0% and I tried connecting to servers with various pings ranging from 60 to 250.

pinging some servers works without any issue but for others I get timeout errors. In game I cannot connect to any of them.

Hello all,

sorry if this is not the right forum thread for my question but didn't really know where it would be more relevant.

So I live in Germany normally and there I can connect to any RW server without any problem, now I moved to Greece for the holidays and I cannot connect to any of them :'(

I am using the same laptop here and there so no differences in the local firewall settings, and the router here has no firewall of its own to block the connection port.

I am using windows 8.1 and tried using telnet to check the port status using the IP address and port number given to me by an admin on the server I mostly play in (EffenDor) and the port seems to be open. '

Thus no clue what the issue could be and thought I would have better luck asking here.