Posts by Minotorious

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

If you have manually terraformed the place these things appear when you stand far enough from the place to be outside the rendering distance. From my understanding this happens because the game renders in the original landscape first and then applies on top of it the new man-made landscape.

I hope so too but will probably happen when we get dynamic water.

I manually crafted a river for the place I am building but the longer it is the more small ups and downs it has in it due to the big difference in terrain height and the block nature of water.

yes you can do that if you are fast enough or if your connection to the server is slow enough (a ping of 100-120 is sufficient) XD

as I said two possibilities to get more ores in:
    1) too fast clicking for the game to load in the ore in the spot
    2) a bit slow connection to the server (which is not your case since LAN obviously)

This is a bug I wouldn't mind if it doesn't get fixed :P

blueprints should be in alphabetical order in your lists too...this is weird unless you have a space or any other special character in front which would appear above any other names thus causing them not to be in alphabetical order for you in the end.

haha ok I get that too sometimes when I download other people's blueprints, then a second sub-folder with only those would help indeed. :D

yes a full file browsing feature would be helpful but not necessary from my point of view at least.

well if everything is in alphabetical order as they are now and you have a scrollbar you can find whatever you are looking for by scrolling fast to the first letter area and then looking at the items near there by slower scrolling....imo anything more than a simple scrollbar for blueprints would be an overkill

Dear Red I think most of us who have been playing the game long enough end up with 100s of blueprints in their journal. It makes it really had to have to manually scroll through the whole list every time with the mouse wheel thus could we have a small scrollbar on the side of the journal to click and drag to go through the blueprint list faster?

Virtual Machine, a computer inside another in simple terms.

To answer some of your questions @Phaewryn I think it is a matter of how many people you want to host on your server if your ram, internet, etc. will be sufficient. I use Ubuntu VMs for work so I might try at some point to host a small MP server on it just out of curiosity and let you know how it went. :)

Then downtime is an important issue if you want to keep your players, in theory you should have none but 1-2 server restarts every 12-24 hours. This is why we rent our server out of a company to ensure that it will run 24/7.

To be a "good" admin there is no standard playbook. Depends what kind of approach you want to take to the game. If you want a pure survival approach then your admins will be there to set up people's areas and monitor the chat for questions/etc. If you want a more creative approach then your admins will be there also for terraforming for players, possibly spawning items for them otherwise hard to obtain etc. The important thing here is what plugins you will have on the server to make the life of players easier (e.g. gps, areaprotect, pnb and so on)

Schaut aus gut. Ich verstehe nicht wie du die Kuglen in deinen Blueprints machst. :/ Könntest du ein kleines Tutorial machen über die? (Wenn du es auf Deutsch machen willst dann kann ich es auf Englisch übesetzen, ich kann viel besser Englisch als Deutsch XD )

A good idea would be to turn the torture rack into a new crafting station for all dungeon related items/traps etc.

what you can also do is blueprint the traps from the dungeon and use the blueprint to place them wherever you want ;)