Posts by mjminfo

Hello,

would it be possible to have a plugin in RW that resembles the Coreprotect plugin of minecraft ?

So that the admins can know what happened to that part of land or who put/removed what in that chest and at what time/date.

it would be so much easier to find griefs/thiefs just by going to a chest and have a history of what has been removed/put in there and when. same for blocks/doors etc

the possibility to have a rollback to a time would be a great option also.

if it exists already care to point at a link where to find it, and if not any takers on making one ???

a big thanks
    mjminfo

Well, the GPS currently accepts any number of shared WP's. Surely, you can share one at a time, but the next you share is appended to the pool of shared WP's and does not overwrite the previous!

The proposed change may look nice, but it is probably more effort that it would be worth: a GUI would be needed showing a list of WP's and allowing to select the ones you want to share, then it would present each one in turn to set the sharing name.

Would this be significantly simpler / faster than the current one-at-a-time solution?

Yes i think that it would be simpler to have a list of available wp's.

Also the admin/owner can delete any unused one, ex:if a player is no longer on the server so the admin can remove wp's

thanks

Hi miWarre,

Would it be possible for the admin of a server to add to the export more than 1 wp at a time ? as is the players can only share 1 wp, but (I'm the admin) I have a few that I need to have/share with the players, (example wp to different biomes) and I'm not able to do it, as it only accepts 1 wp.

thanks
    mjminfo

Hello
    I've ap 3.0 installed and everything seemed ok, except that when i try to create my spawn area i get no error but in the server logs i see this;

SQLString: INSERT INTO areas(name, startChunkpositionX, startChunkpositionY, startChunkpositionZ, startBlockpositionX, startBlockpositionY, startBlockpositionZ, endChunkpositionX, endChunkpositionY, endChunkpositionZ, endBlockpositionX, endBlockpositionY, endBlockpositionZ, playerID) VALUES ('spawn', '2', '0', '4', '9', '43', '2', '8', '1', '7', '5', '26', '6', '1')
    java.sql.SQLException: attempt to write a readonly database
    at org.sqlite.NativeDB.throwex(NativeDB.java:210)
    at org.sqlite.NativeDB._exec(Native Method)
    at org.sqlite.Stmt.executeUpdate(Stmt.java:152)
    at lua.wrapper.LuaDatabase.queryupdate(SourceFile:63)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.luaj.vm2.lib.jse.JavaMethod.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.lib.jse.JavaMethod.call(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.execute(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.onInvoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at lua.CallbackManager.triggerCallback(SourceFile:27)
    at D.e.a(SourceFile:1354)
    at D.e.messageReceived(SourceFile:108)
    at de.jiw.network.kernel.KernelAdapter.dispatch(KernelAdapter.java:188)
    at de.jiw.network.message.RawPacket.run(RawPacket.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    ... (1) ChunkAdditions saved to DB!
    ... (2) ChunkAdditions saved to DB!
    SQLString: INSERT INTO rights ('areaID', 'playerID', 'group') VALUES ('0', '1', 'Owner')
    java.sql.SQLException: attempt to write a readonly database
    at org.sqlite.NativeDB.throwex(NativeDB.java:210)
    at org.sqlite.NativeDB._exec(Native Method)
    at org.sqlite.Stmt.executeUpdate(Stmt.java:152)
    at lua.wrapper.LuaDatabase.queryupdate(SourceFile:63)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.luaj.vm2.lib.jse.JavaMethod.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.lib.jse.JavaMethod.call(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.execute(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.onInvoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.luaj.vm2.LuaClosure.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at lua.ScriptEventList.triggerEvent(SourceFile:20)
    at lua.ScriptEventManager.triggerEvent(SourceFile:32)
    at D.b.a(SourceFile:192)
    at D.b.messageReceived(SourceFile:140)
    at de.jiw.network.kernel.KernelAdapter.dispatch(KernelAdapter.java:188)
    at de.jiw.network.message.RawPacket.run(RawPacket.java:54)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

so I checked in the directory of /scripts/AreaProtection and changed the scriptdatabase.db to all rights (chmod 777) but it continues to give the error that unable to write to readonly database.

Please help !

thanks

I may stream also on BEAM, I've setup a new server and will be streaming from it, a new map so a new beginning.

Not sure yet on how long I should keep streaming as my regular sessions are long.

My server is in private mode for now but I could open it if there is interest in doing streams from it

@red51

Please red can you let us know when the wiki will be online ? it's getting very hard to find the info needed , as it's all over the place and most of the time it doesn't apply to the current version.

For new server owners to setup their servers it's hard to get all the info for all the options available.

if you need help for data entry I can help
    thanks
    mjminfo

the old lua api is no longer supported, i think there is a new portal script in the new API area maybe have a look there and install that one, your going to have to at some point anyway as lua is getting fully removed

It would be nice to have an official wiki where we have the most uptodate information so new server admins can check for new plugins/information about them and information about the RW server properties and options/items all at one place.

right now it's getting difficult to search for info on what's what, where to get it and if what we found it is still uptodate/relevant to the present version.

@yahgiggle no no what @Jon_miner said is exactly what we want to do and were wondering how to do it. To explain it a bit more:

1) we have set up a world permission group called "visitor" for new players
    2) we want all visitors to be able to take things out of a chest which is inside a protected area (without us having to add them to it as they come online)
    3) we don't want visitors to be able to destroy the chests or otherwise damage the area

This had been done in another server but noone remembers how it was done.

like to have a chest at Spawn full of food and other starter items, so new people can have a better start.
    they should not be able to break the chest and it would be good if the admin can set a max of each item they can take, for them not to take everything inside at once.

we can call it a shared chest (?)

If you IP changes during runtime, you'll have to restart your server anyway (usually your internet connection drops anyway if your ISP assigns a new IP to you).

You can try to add your ip to the server_ip field in the properties file (it depends on your network configuration if this works or not), however, most likely that's not going to work.

it's automatic it drops not even a sec and I get a new IP, everything continues as it was. I'll have to check how RW works with the situation.

As for the IP name I tried and I get a java error that it can not bind to the IP since it's a name and not an address :(

for now since I'm still on test stage I can live with the ip address when I'll go live I'll see what I'm gonna do.

thanks for the help and clarifications.

Yup it was a filter (Lua on) when in my setup I have it at off, so as I change to display lua=off I could see my server on the list.
    On your second link I do see my ip there ["ip":"176.78.115.128","port":4255,"loc":""}]

If my ip address changes during the day, is it updated on the server list automatically ? can I use my ip name address instead of real ip in the server.properties so it shows up as a ip name and not address ?

Since I'm unable to see it , is it because I'm on the same IP address that it doesn't show up on my list ? Also I see that on your screenshot it shows the ip, could it show the ip name instead of the ip address since it can change and the ip name will not change ? [ mjmsurvival.ddns.net:4255 ]

If you want your server to appear in the serverlist, you have to make sure that server_list_visible is set to true in your server.properties file (in your game directory), and also make sure that your http port is forwarded (this is the serverport-1, i.e. if your serverport is 4255 [defaultport], the http port would be 4254) :)

Hi @red51,
    I do have the 4254 port open [Port 4254 is open on 176.78.115.128.], also for the server.properties I do have it true. since I don't have a fix IP so I'm using a ddns , so I did not put any ip in the settings, is that ok ?

do you have the checkbox check where it says "same version" in the server list ?

maybe you or the server are not at the same version so it doesn't show up there