[Script]Area Protection 3.0 NEW

• Hi guys Is there a way that I can let a passing player use doors/chest and place a sign but still keep them from destroying blocks? in AP

What iv got is a building with a player wall so anyone if they like can place a sign to whom they are.

Make a new group

76561198004224157.pngXalzia1.png Click f7a2f1102a1ddf010fe4b97b0266ff15fe810329_full.jpg me for my steam profile

• What do you mean by make a new group? How would you give all players "Shopping" permission for instance without adding every player to an area one at a time?? And how would a new "visiting" player also get "Shopping" permission in an otherwise protected area? Looking to try and do a "community chest".

• What do you mean by make a new group? How would you give all players "Shopping" permission for instance without adding every player to an area one at a time?? And how would a new "visiting" player also get "Shopping" permission in an otherwise protected area? Looking to try and do a "community chest".

under "AreaProtection/Groups" I guess.

76561198004224157.pngXalzia1.png Click f7a2f1102a1ddf010fe4b97b0266ff15fe810329_full.jpg me for my steam profile

• This does not help me with what I wish to do. The "Shopper" group is what I want to do for permissions. The part I am not sure how to do is assign "all users" to that group "setplayergroup <player> <group>" including any new visitors to the area. Maybe this is not really possible, but I thought there was a way to have a "community chest" in an otherwise protected area.

Has anyone done this?

• I don't think there is a way to set a default group for everyone per area. I wish there was though. I was planning on creating an area within my area that only Friends can walk into. Default group for that specific area being Lockout of course. But if there is a way to change the default group just for my area, I would like to know.

• This does not help me with what I wish to do. The "Shopper" group is what I want to do for permissions. The part I am not sure how to do is assign "all users" to that group "setplayergroup <player> <group>" including any new visitors to the area. Maybe this is not really possible, but I thought there was a way to have a "community chest" in an otherwise protected area.

Has anyone done this?

i think and its common is that your mixing up world permissions with the protection permissions to give a player a permission in a area all you need to do is make that area then add the user to that area with some sort of permission group setup, the script has some predefined ones like Shopper or Owner or Builder, if these don't match what your after then just make your own permission text file in the script and then add them to what ever the new name of your added file is.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • @yahgiggle no no what @Jon_miner said is exactly what we want to do and were wondering how to do it. To explain it a bit more:

1) we have set up a world permission group called "visitor" for new players
    2) we want all visitors to be able to take things out of a chest which is inside a protected area (without us having to add them to it as they come online)
    3) we don't want visitors to be able to destroy the chests or otherwise damage the area

This had been done in another server but noone remembers how it was done.

• @yahgiggle no no what @Jon_miner said is exactly what we want to do and were wondering how to do it. To explain it a bit more:

2) we want all visitors to be able to take things out of a chest which is inside a protected area (without us having to add them to it as they come online)
    3) we don't want visitors to be able to destroy the chests or otherwise damage the area

ok i in fact have a the code to do this ill make it better and post it soon for the new API ill make it my mission for tonight

so lets get this right

here is what i have

1 Any Chest placed becomes owned by a user and no matter where in the world they place it no one else but Admins can smach it but others can take things and put things back into it

now for added ideas

2 have the owner be able to lock the chest with a pin code
    3 have the owner be able to pass owner rights of a chest to other non admin users
    4 have some items in the chest locked and others unlocked (the new api might not do this yet)
    5 have the chest turn into a type of swap chest, like you can only take planks if you have gold on you as a payment (this also may not work with the new API yet)

if you have other ideas post them down below

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

like to have a chest at Spawn full of food and other starter items, so new people can have a better start.
    they should not be able to break the chest and it would be good if the admin can set a max of each item they can take, for them not to take everything inside at once.

we can call it a shared chest (?)

• exactly our thought, the thing is we had a chest like that in a server but noone remembers how it was done and everyone could take out of it....maybe we just somehow bugged the script or something XD

• exactly our thought, the thing is we had a chest like that in a server but noone remembers how it was done and everyone could take out of it....maybe we just somehow bugged the script or something XD

ok your be happy to know i have started this new plugin, but have hit a road block oO the new API is missing something i need for this to work, lua has it but i don't want to do this code in lua as lua will be removed soon and replaced by java, ive messaged red51 letting him know what i need so now its going to be a waiting game oO

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • A different "protection" subject...

I was told that there is a way to limit the use of blueprints by players to just areas they are "Owner". Is this true? How is this done? Currently it appears that any player can place blueprints anywhere.

• A different "protection" subject...

I was told that there is a way to limit the use of blueprints by players to just areas they are "Owner". Is this true? How is this done? Currently it appears that any player can place blueprints anywhere.

with the old lua, you could do this, but i don't know about the new java yet, but in lua its just a matter of if the user does not own the area and has a blueprint in his selection box then you could cancel the command or even boot/teleport the user out of the area

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • with the old lua, you could do this, but i don't know about the new java yet, but in lua its just a matter of if the user does not own the area and has a blueprint in his selection box then you could cancel the command or even boot/teleport the user out of the area

I was referring to the old lua script. How does one "...cancel the command or even boot/teleport the user out of the area"? Edit the script ourselves somehow?

• @Jon_miner
    It's very likely that some server owners are running modified versions of the AreaProtection script to suit their needs. The new update is tomorrow and will include some API improvements that will make it possible for the new plugin version of Area Protection to be completed. This should have more features and user friendly compared to the lua version. I really don't see any point in trying to modify or repair the 3.0 script when a far-better plugin is just around the corner.

• The db file itself from the old script is not very complicated. It's just 3 tables that describe the names and boundaries of the areas, a list of chest id numbers, and a list of players assigned to each area and their role. I would imagine the new plugin at most would just a new field or table here or there. Shouldn't be difficult to code that.

• eitherway when the new AP plugin comes out I would think that the creator could write a small extra script to convert the old db file to the new format for the plugin. Shouldn't be that hard to write an extra script that would read the old db file and output it in the new format.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!