Posts by yahgiggle

I've

Ah okay. I thought you meant the object "smoke", not that you are talking about the smoke of a campfire. There was a technical object Smoke in the Java Version that gave you 2 or 3 different types of "smoke" - even if you had no campfire. Just the smoke itself. That is not yet implemented in the Unity version.

The objects from Java do not get transferred to Unity as they seem to be too different. But however in Unity you can resize the objects. You can also hold them in place with ctrl key and then use arrow keys to move them inside your wall/floor/whatever.

I also was thinking he was talking about the smoke only object, I was like why blueprint this oO so your not alone, in the unity version you can resize the fires so small you can hide them in the chimney for a smoke effect, only problem is the light from the fire goes through the blocks and reflects on your roof oO not a big deal and that problem will be fixed so I read on another post.

WOW that made a big difference using the install instead of AutoServerInstaller.bat it started immediately.

Now the only thing that is not working is the worlds, After the installation I took from V1 in the Worlds folder I copied my Australia world folder which contained a worldParts folder and 2 files Autralia.db and ChickenCoops.db.

When I'm watching the server loading where it says LOAD WORLD Australia but when I get in the server the world is new none of my players builds are showing the world is empty so what did I do wrong?

The world name World_Name= <------------ in the server.properties file needs to 100% match your world name or it wont load it, even a space may cause it not to load, example if your world name is Autralia and you do (World_Name=autralia) or (World_Name=Autralia ) or (World_Name= Autralia) it wont work, it needs to be (World_Name=Autralia) <--- no spaces all the same upper and lower causes etc etc

its best to just copy your old server.properties file to the new RisingWorld server install folder, that should be under C:\RW\Java\Server unless you changed the install dir,

happy its now installing 100% for you now you clicked the right file :-)

Hi yahgiggle

I just got around to installing RWAutoServerInstaller V3 java (AutoServerInstaller.bat) All installed great until the black screen (the server) came up but with a popup MSVCR120.dll and MSVCP120.dll was not found.

I checked both files and they are both in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\java\bin. So why does it say that file was not found.

As soon as I click OK on the popup the black screen goes away.

MSVCR120.dll and MSVCP120.dll files are both from Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64), since you already had the server running, its strange that it would now ask for these files oO

did you uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) or is this on a new VM ?

how ever the folder vcredist should have the install program for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) <------- inside, you could click it and reinstall it again,

BTW Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) will download if needed or not, but it will only install if its not already installed on your system

So i tested this and could not repeat the error, its defiantly strange as the game should revert back to the settimespeed set in the server.properties file as its only a temporary setting,

i would try as i said above, edit this file and change the line settings_time_speed=1.75 to say settings_time_speed=1.50 or something, then reboot and see if it does anything.

Yes. Doesn’t do anything

did you try and go to your game files and edit the server.properties with notepaid++ and edit the line settings_time_speed=? change that line and reboot your game, the default is settings_time_speed=1.75

With the confusion for what install file to use install.bat or AutoInstallerscript.bat i was thinking it was self explanatory, i guess i was wrong and will make it even more simple, sometimes when coding we forget that not everything is self explanatory so this kind of feedback is very valuable, cheers :-)

sorry yes you can copy the whole worlds folder over, the new worlds folder or just copy the world folder of your world into the worlds folder, note worlds is not world you can have more than one world folder inside the worlds folder, and your world folder maybe not called world it maybe called something else, depending if you set the world name to something else in the server.properties file under server_world_name=RisingWorld <--------- in this case the world name inside the worlds folder is RisingWorld

Hi and thx for v3

I have a few questions

1- in the zip folder of v3 there is two files Install.bat and AutoInstallerscript.bat now which one do I use to do the actual install

2- Do I copy the whole Worlds folder and replace the the worlds folder in the v3 and my plugins folder

3- And the files that I should copy from v1 should be server.properties and permissions folder for my groups that I have created

Yes if you have set your permission you will want to copy that too, for the install you click install oO

LOL that's understandable. ok give me a shout when you have it done :) Also will I have to remove the v1 if so then how do I save all my players world and there builds.

i uploaded the new v3 last night, you just need to copy your server.properties file over to the new install and for the world you need to copy the world folder over to the worlds folder, if you don't know how to do this i would just leave it as is, you don't want to go deleting your old world and losing everything oO