Posts by mjminfo

The portals keys have been hold down shift + hit p for some time now, You need to also be an Admin to use that or it wont open, sorry i crossed that off in the main post but its the fact you no longer use p to place each portal, you need to click the menu then use both place portal buttons now, But /portals should still work!! you did enter that command into chat right ?. for all players, non admins can only use the teleport option in that panel, but like i said you may not have added yourself as a admin if its not working,

PS ill be removing the /portals command in my next update altogether everything will be in the shift + p menu

thanks now it's working I was using the console not the chat, in chat the /portals work . It would be good to have some kinda of help to figure out how to set it up for the first time ( some kindof /portalshelp or something like that)

Hi, I'm playing SP and did unzip the archive in the _new version/plugins/portals4.4 folder. Loaded the game in single player and can't seem to be able to get a portal going when I press P or /portals in the console, even when I'm in GM 1 mode. what am I missing ?
    --log from server --

[Java] Load 2 possible plugins from D:\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\_New Version\Plugins

[Java] LOAD PLUGIN FROM JAR: Portals.jar

[Java] - /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

[Java] - /resources/plugin.yml

[Java] - /resources/plugin.yml.bak

[Java] Plugin portals.Portals (1) main class: class portals.Portals

[Java] Plugin portals.Portals class: class portals.Portals

[Java] Found class: portals.CreateDatabase

[Java] Found class: portals.PortalUI

[Java] Found class: portals.Portals

[Java] ///////////////////////////////////////////////

* Plugin: Portals

* Version:

* Author: Yahgiggle

* Team:

* Description: Portals plugin

* License:

[Java] ADD PLUGIN: Portals 1

[Java] -- PORTALS PLUGIN ENABLED --

[Java] SQLite: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\_New Version\Plugins\PortalsV4.4/0703/database.db

[Java] -- WorldProtection PLUGIN ENABLED --

[Java] SQLite: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\_New Version\Plugins\PortalsV4.4/0703/database.db

[Java] Checking DataBase Version

[Java] DataBase Version is up to date v1

[Java] API: REGISTER LISTENER class portals.Portals

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerCommandEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerKeyEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerDisconnectEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerChangeBlockPositionEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.PlayerConnectEvent

[Java] -> Event: net.risingworld.api.events.player.ui.PlayerUIElementClickEvent

Starting RW Singleplayer Server...

Starting 2 server chunk worker threads...

Starting 1 server water worker threads (update: 0.05, sync: 0.1)...

[NetworkClient] Start channel 0...

::::CONNECT TO SINGLEPLAYER

I hope you find LinuxGSM useful! Awesome to see threads like this. Thanks for your support!

Thank you for your support and integration of your scripts in a very useful and easy way to install, backup, monitor our RW server. :thumbsup:

If not to much to ask @red51 would it be possible to integrate now the linuxGSM commands into the RCON graphical util ? so that we can monitor backup and do everything from the same Rcon interface ? :saint:<3

thanks once again

Bonsoir tout le monde. Je me permet de poster ici car je suis dans l'incapacité de trouver l'outil de serveur dédié rising world sur steam et même en utilisant steamcmd cela me dit que l'app 339010 n'est pas disponible. Comment faire? merci de vos réponse par avance

Salut Max ,

Est-ce que tu utilises Windows ou Linux ?

si tu utilises Linux tu peux utiliser l'utilitaire LinuxGSM pour faire l'installation du serveur RW, le géré , faire des sauvegardes et plus autres. Va sur
    https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/rwserver/ et suit les instructions. Ton Linux doit rouler sous un système 64bits porque le logiciel de serveur RW fonctionne.

Bonne chance !

To @red51 it could be a good idea to include the instructions of LinuxGSM for those who use Linux now that it works.

Looks like my link to the previous request is no longer working, so here it is again ;

https://github.com/GameServerManagers/LinuxGSM/issues/470

all the info is in there and someone started working on it, but no news since awhile. Hope someone else takes over the scripts

I'm really sorry about that :/ Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it... the only things that would work are: 1. switch back to an old Steam API version, but this requires us to remove the P2P multiplayer feature from the game and the server or 2. move authentication back to our hive and discard Steam...32 bit OS were never officially supported but it's still a pity... Is there a chance you could upgrade to 64 bit Linux?

Hi @red51, well it worked fine until the steam validation thing now. I had around 10 players that used my server no problems. SO the game is not the problem, the problem is the new steam integration. as to go to 64bit Linux, the hardware doesn't support it and also I don't have the founds to buy new HW just for the 64bit stuff. Guess I'll just play SP from now on. If you ever have a chance to make the server work again with 32bit that would be great, as there is not really necessary for the game to request that much just for the server, lots of games are runnign in 32bit on the server side no problems, as is yours if it wasn't for this new Steam stuff.

Hmm... I'm sorry but I just found out that 32 bit Linux isn't supported anymore =O The Steam API wrapper we're using dropped support for 32 bit Linux recently... unfortunately we cannot switch to an older version. I'm so sorry that I didn't realize that before, otherwise I would have informed you about that issue :/

ohhhh <X;( ... there goes my server that as of yet I could run fine with up to 10 people online and having fun. Guess I'll be staying at the previous version for a long time.

We just updated the server, there was still an issue with the linux depot, but we also updated the start script. Please download the update and see if you still run into this issue ;)

nope here is the process and the result
    BTW my linux is a 32bit one not 64bit in case the lib's are 64bit only

yst@syst-desktop ~/.steam/steamcmd $ ./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +app_update 339010 -validate +quit
    Redirecting stderr to '/home/syst/.steam/logs/stderr.txt'
    [ 0%] Checking for available updates...
    [----] Verifying installation...
    Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
    -- type 'quit' to exit --
    Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
    Waiting for user info...OK
    Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0,00 (0 / 0)
    Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0,00 (0 / 0)
    Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 67,60 (2547242 / 3768036)
    Success! App '339010' fully installed.
    CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work processing queue not empty: 2 items discarded.
    CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work processing queue not empty: 3 items discarded.
    syst@syst-desktop ~/.steam/steamcmd $ cd ..
    syst@syst-desktop ~/.steam $ cd SteamApps
    syst@syst-desktop ~/.steam/SteamApps $ cd common
    syst@syst-desktop ~/.steam/SteamApps/common $ cd RisingWorldDedicatedServer
    syst@syst-desktop ~/.steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorldDedicatedServer $ ./linux_startscript.sh start
    Rising World - 0.9.2.2 - Dedicated Server
    Linux 4.13.0-32-generic Java 1.8.0_151 (i386) Memory: 1908 MB
    2018/02/15 02:46 AM

Start context...
    OpenJDK Server VM warning: You have loaded library /tmp/steamworks4j/1.7.1-SNAPSHOT/libsteam_api.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
    It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
    2018/02/15 02:46 AM server.Main
    SEVERE: Rising World - 0.9.2.2 - Dedicated Server
    2018/02/15 02:46 AM
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/steamworks4j/1.7.1-SNAPSHOT/libsteam_api.so: /tmp/steamworks4j/1.7.1-SNAPSHOT/libsteam_api.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1941)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1824)
    at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:809)
    at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1086)
    at com.codedisaster.steamworks.SteamSharedLibraryLoader.loadLibrary(SteamSharedLibraryLoader.java:124)
    at com.codedisaster.steamworks.SteamAPI.loadLibraries(SteamAPI.java:24)
    at com.codedisaster.steamworks.SteamGameServerAPI.loadLibraries(SteamGameServerAPI.java:25)
    at server.i.a(SourceFile:48)
    at server.Main.b(SourceFile:344)
    at server.Main.initApplication(SourceFile:261)
    at commons.JIWApplication.initialize(SourceFile:236)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread(NullContext.java:87)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:130)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

2018/02/15 02:46 AM server.Main
    SEVERE: Unable to shutdown the server properly (null)
    syst@syst-desktop ~/.steam/SteamApps/common/RisingWorldDedicatedServer $

Sounds great! If there is any trouble downloading or running the new server, just let us know ;)

Hi @red51, the download part of the Steamcmd was ok no problem in that, but when I try now to start the server I get this error:

Rising World - 0.9.2.2 - Dedicated Server
    2018/02/15 01:46 AM

Start context...
    Steam - Extract file: libsteam_api.so 370330 bytes available ...successful
    Steam - Extract file: libsteamworks4j.so 256928 bytes available ...successful
    Steam - Extract file: libsteamworks4j-server.so 76320 bytes available ...successful
    Steam - Extract file: libsteamworks4j-encryptedappticket.so 10248 bytes available ...successful
    2018/02/15 01:46 AM server.Main
    SEVERE: Rising World - 0.9.2.2 - Dedicated Server
    2018/02/15 01:46 AM
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/steamworks4j/1.7.1-SNAPSHOT/libsteam_api.so: /tmp/steamworks4j/1.7.1-SNAPSHOT/libsteam_api.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1941)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1824)
    at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:809)
    at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1086)
    at com.codedisaster.steamworks.SteamSharedLibraryLoader.loadLibrary(SteamSharedLibraryLoader.java:124)
    at com.codedisaster.steamworks.SteamAPI.loadLibraries(SteamAPI.java:24)
    at com.codedisaster.steamworks.SteamGameServerAPI.loadLibraries(SteamGameServerAPI.java:25)
    at server.i.a(SourceFile:48)
    at server.Main.b(SourceFile:344)
    at server.Main.initApplication(SourceFile:261)
    at commons.JIWApplication.initialize(SourceFile:236)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.initInThread(NullContext.java:87)
    at com.jme3.system.NullContext.run(NullContext.java:130)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

2018/02/15 01:46 AM server.Main
    SEVERE: Unable to shutdown the server properly (null)

Hi @red51,
    Now that RW uses fully Steam, not sure if it's to you I should ask this, but would it be possible to talk to LinuxGSM in order to have RW DS server added to their supported server list ?

So we could benefit from it's features (Installation, updates, backup, monitor, alerts and monitor)

it's open source LinuxGSM uses the MIT License.

thanks

PS there is a request (#470) since a bit of time already, so maybe just help them to complete the request if necessary

UPDATE: now available at https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/rwserver/

no, from what I understood we will have to install steam on our servers and login anonymously on steam in order to have the steam server to run on a pc as a dedicated server.

On the current version I have that dedicated server running under linux, but I don't have steam running on this server, that's the missing part that I need to install in order to run the next version of the server.

If you’ve heard or seen, “Dynmap” for Minecraft servers, you’ll know exactly what I mean when I say Dynamic Map. If you haven’t, here is a link:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H65dxACyQ6k

I think it would be amazing to have something similar for Worlds in Rising World! I mentioned it to @yahgiggle for his server, and I thought maybe I’d post a suggestion in forums! I don’t know exactly how hard it would be to make this, but, I think that it would definitely be worth it on the long run. Lol if I were a coder, I’d do it myself.

if you check this thread @red51 said that it will be included in the main code, just didn't gave a date for it.

So maybe a reminder in case @red51 forgot about it :P:whistling:<3

Dynmap functionality in RW maps ?