New Auto Server Installer v3.0 for Unity and v3.0 for Java And now V4 Java Ui edition

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • First before you install this server, you may want to try my RWAutoFireWallPortOpenTool <--- this can set your firewall and routers ports before you install the server.

find out more and download file here > RWAutoFireWallPortOpenTool <

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Version v4 UI Version jdk is mandatory, you can download it here Download JDK v18 Windows Installer

You can change the drive the server is installed on by using notepad++ to edit the settings.bat file

once you open the Setting.bat file you will find the setting Set Serverdrive=c to edit this setting

just change the c to the drive letter with folder you want

Example if you want the server installed on drive D then change C to D

As Easy as that ^^

Once the server is installed it will automatically boot the server it is set to reboot and backup once every 24hours as default as long as the program is left running, you should see the two blue box's and one black one

the black one is the server, the two blue box's are this programe running, if for some reson everything closes, you can restart it by clicking the StartServer file, if this is not clicked then the auto backup and restart won't be running.

For how often to look for and install updates if any,

note the server will only reboot if there is a update needed it will also look to see if the server is running, if not the server will reload,

because you want a update as soon as possible its our recommendation to set this for no longer than 10min, as your users maybe waiting to get onto the server

also if the server is down you dont want them to be waiting for it to reboot for too long, but you also dont want to run this script every sec, as steam may not like you connecting to there server to often

this resulting in a ip ban unliky but you never know oO the defult is every 5min

You can also set the reboot time, so how often the server closes, backs up, and reboots, our recommendation is once a day but twice is ok too, but remember the back up files are all the server files

so if you leave it for a month that could use up over 30gigs of harddrice space oO the unity version

already has restart built in, but this is more of a hard reset. this installer also includes the scheduler that lets your users know the server is about to restart, if you change the time

that the server reboots in our settings file you will also need to edit the scheduler file to match the change.

Both java and unity installers will Auto Name the server if the default name is not changed, they will both install supporting files also and unblock the ports for the windows defender firewall,

if you use other antivirus and firewall software you may need to unblock the ports in that firewall software.

:: settings example for the Java version

:: Set the drive example Serverdrive=C or Serverdrive=D or Serverdrive=E default C drive

Set Serverdrive=C

:: Set the folder example ServerFolder=RW-Server or ServerFolder=Myservers\test\whatever

Set ServerFolder=RW\Java

:: set the hard reboot and backup time interval between reboots, time in seconds default 24hours

Set Reboot=86400

:: set the update time interval between looking for updates in seconds default every 5min

Set Update=300

:: set the drive letter for the backup folder

Set BackupDrive=C

:: set the folder name for the Backups to be backuped too

Set BackupFolder=RW-Backups\Java

:: set the lenth of time in days a backup is stored on the drive before its deleted default 30days

set BackupStored=30

:: settings example for the Unity version

:: Set the drive example Serverdrive=C or Serverdrive=D or Serverdrive=E default C drive

Set Serverdrive=C

:: Set the folder example ServerFolder=RW-Server or ServerFolder=Myservers\test\whatever

Set ServerFolder=RW\Unity

:: set the hard reboot and backup time interval between reboots, time in seconds default 24hours

Set Reboot=86400

:: set the update time interval between looking for updates in seconds default every 5min

Set Update=300

:: set the drive letter for the backup folder

Set BackupDrive=C

:: set the folder name for the Backups to be backuped too

Set BackupFolder=RW-Backups\Unity

:: set the lenth of time in days a backup is stored on the drive before its deleted default 30days

set BackupStored=30

All other settings in the setting file, are for the server,

if you want you can install both servers using both tools, you just need to change the port for one of the servers from the default to something else

example java may use Server_Port=4255 so with the unity you could change it to this (Server_Port=4265) then also change (RCoN RCON_Port=4263)

Note: you will need to unblock your ports in your router/modem, the ports that need to be unblocked By default, the server uses port 4255 TCP and UDP

so unblock ports 4254 to 4257

For Windows only

RW auto server installer was made by yahgiggle, yahgiggle@gmail.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Rising Cities @ ip 52.53.149.132:4255 ServerName (Rising Cities) Unity :thumbsup:

If you want to run a server how about using my AutoServerInstallers go here to download >>>RWAutoServerInstaller for Unity And Java<<<

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

31245-logo-png

Edited once, last by yahgiggle: small bug in the install, where if the install is not on C drive then after the install has finished it gives a error file not found, this has been resolved so now you can install from any drive letter to any drive letter and this error wont happen, <--- this bug never effected users installing from c drive or stopped the install, it just stopped the server auto starting up after its installed, also have redone the java AutoServerInstaller it now has the same auto reboot on crash coded into it and other extra things the new Unity version has. ().

• Ok ive upgraded to version 3.0 java AutoServerInstaller, now when you use this version it will not only install the server but also download and install java and other needed files for the server to run,

it wall also unblock the windows defender firewall, also if you don't change any settings the server will self name the server from a combination of around 10,000 names, also all server settings are now included in the install settings.bat file, to edit the settings use a tool like Notepaid++, Windows notepad can cause problems so don't use that, once the server has been installed it should open and self start

unless of some random error i don't know can happen or something goes wrong with the download.

Now this took me hours and hours of work so any feedback is most welcome,

for V3.0 of the Unity AutoServerInstaller, that will be coming in the next day or two, it will work much the same

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Rising Cities @ ip 52.53.149.132:4255 ServerName (Rising Cities) Unity :thumbsup:

If you want to run a server how about using my AutoServerInstallers go here to download >>>RWAutoServerInstaller for Unity And Java<<<

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

31245-logo-png
  • Hi yahgiggle

I just got around to installing RWAutoServerInstaller V3 java (AutoServerInstaller.bat) All installed great until the black screen (the server) came up but with a popup MSVCR120.dll and MSVCP120.dll was not found.

I checked both files and they are both in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\java\bin. So why does it say that file was not found.

As soon as I click OK on the popup the black screen goes away.

• Hi yahgiggle

I just got around to installing RWAutoServerInstaller V3 java (AutoServerInstaller.bat) All installed great until the black screen (the server) came up but with a popup MSVCR120.dll and MSVCP120.dll was not found.

I checked both files and they are both in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\java\bin. So why does it say that file was not found.

As soon as I click OK on the popup the black screen goes away.

MSVCR120.dll and MSVCP120.dll files are both from Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64), since you already had the server running, its strange that it would now ask for these files oO

did you uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) or is this on a new VM ?

how ever the folder vcredist should have the install program for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) <------- inside, you could click it and reinstall it again,

BTW Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) will download if needed or not, but it will only install if its not already installed on your system

31245-logo-png
  • BTW C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\java\bin <----------- this has nothing todo with the server or any of the files needed, this is the steam folder where steam installed your game too,,

your folder will be on c:\RW\Java or C:\RW\Unity

31245-logo-png
  • also AutoServerInstaller.bat is the wrong file to use to install the server!!!!! its the install file like i told you in the other post, this is why Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) never installled, you clicked the wrong file. click the INSTALL file only

31245-logo-png
  • WOW that made a big difference using the install instead of AutoServerInstaller.bat it started immediately.

Now the only thing that is not working is the worlds, After the installation I took from V1 in the Worlds folder I copied my Australia world folder which contained a worldParts folder and 2 files Autralia.db and ChickenCoops.db.

When I'm watching the server loading where it says LOAD WORLD Australia but when I get in the server the world is new none of my players builds are showing the world is empty so what did I do wrong?

• WOW that made a big difference using the install instead of AutoServerInstaller.bat it started immediately.

Now the only thing that is not working is the worlds, After the installation I took from V1 in the Worlds folder I copied my Australia world folder which contained a worldParts folder and 2 files Autralia.db and ChickenCoops.db.

When I'm watching the server loading where it says LOAD WORLD Australia but when I get in the server the world is new none of my players builds are showing the world is empty so what did I do wrong?

The world name World_Name= <------------ in the server.properties file needs to 100% match your world name or it wont load it, even a space may cause it not to load, example if your world name is Autralia and you do (World_Name=autralia) or (World_Name=Autralia ) or (World_Name= Autralia) it wont work, it needs to be (World_Name=Autralia) <--- no spaces all the same upper and lower causes etc etc

its best to just copy your old server.properties file to the new RisingWorld server install folder, that should be under C:\RW\Java\Server unless you changed the install dir,

happy its now installing 100% for you now you clicked the right file :-)

31245-logo-png
  • Hey guys, so i am working on version 4.0 of my server installer

This new server has a UI for setting up the server before hand, its getting close to completion, see photos,

before im finished is there anything else i should add to help make things easier ?

31245-logo-png
  • Before your version 4.0 I thought that I will never understand how to install a server. Too many details and technical words which are a book with 7 seals which I will never be able to open.

But now, even I who has never set up any server yet think that I fully understand these screenshots and this looks easy to do, so all my thumps up for this.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Some minor detail questions :)

The tab "Sever Settings": Shouldn't that read "Server Settings"? Or is this one of the technical things which I don't understand?

The tab "Blue Prints": I would have written it as one word, "Blueprints" similar to the foldername where blueprints are stored, but this is just me (probably) :wacko:

In the tab "Commands": The second row of commands has some commands not fully aligned with the others above or below. Is this intended, maybe because these are subsettings? If intended, I think those lines should have some additional hints which make it clearer, e.g.

Blabla A

- Subblabla1

- Subblabla2

Blabla B

I remember that when I was an employee I crafted some forms like yours myself (loooong ago), maybe this gave me an eye for such details.:)

• thanks for the feedback, yeah i noticed some of the things you pointed out, they all are indeed going to be fixed, sometimes im tired when i code and do typo's lol

for the line mismatch that's already been solved :-)

31245-logo-png
  • yahgiggle

Changed the title of the thread from “New Auto Server Installer v3.0 for Unity and v3.0 for Java” to “New Auto Server Installer v3.0 for Unity and v3.0 for Java And now V4 Java Ui edition”.
  • Ok i have uploaded the first working UI Server installer for Java RW, it has 3 types of user groups included, the default group for normal players, Admin group for the server Owner, and the Moderator group for server helpers, not much to adjust for the default permissions, but you have full control over the permissions for the Admin group and the Moderator group,

i think by looking at the GUI you can work everything out :-) i hope

once the server starts to install you can close the UI but Dont close any of the blue popup box's at any stage, not even if you think its stopped installing, as sometimes the connections are slow or some box's may say stuff like finished, but its only fully finished once the black server box opens, but the two blue box's left are part of this installer and should always be running

to close the server you can close all 3 box's, but to restart the server you need to click on the StartServer file, if you click anything else the auto backup and auto reboot tools wont be running

i have yet to finish the hints but will get around to it at some stage, for unity ill also make the same type of installer but this takes a lot of time, this project started some days ago, the unity version has driffent types of permission files and lots of things are not the same, so its almost a complete recode, not everything but a lot

if you like or use my installers do let me know, or even if there something you don't like about them, im always keen to improve my work

31245-logo-png
  • Hi Buddy

Got V4 going :) On your post in between the first GUI/pic and the second GUI/pic you have ---> rising-world.net/attachment/31366/ but that link don't work.

Now for the main question how do I open the GUI boards if that's what they are called.

Thanks Buddy :thumbup:

oh i added a image then removed it, forgot to also remove the link, thats fixed now cheers,

for the gui you unzip the file and then click the RWAutoServerInstallerV4UI-Java <---------- java program, this is the ui tool

31245-logo-png
  • Hi again

Just so I understand correctly on the first pic the highlighted folders, the RWAutoServerInstallerV4-UI-Java-Edition then over to the RWAutoServerInstallerV4UI-Java.jar this is the one to unzip correct.

Then in the second pic which is what is inside the RWAutoServerInstallerV4UI-Java.jar. Now once extracted which file do I click on to get the ui tool?

• Hi again

Just so I understand correctly on the first pic the highlighted folders, the RWAutoServerInstallerV4-UI-Java-Edition then over to the RWAutoServerInstallerV4UI-Java.jar this is the one to unzip correct.

Then in the second pic which is what is inside the RWAutoServerInstallerV4UI-Java.jar. Now once extracted which file do I click on to get the ui tool?

no thats wrong, you unzip the folder RWAutoServerInstallerV4-UI-Java-Edition then open the folder and double click on the file RWAutoServerInstallerV4UI-Java to run that program.

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!