Posts by james1bow

yeah, i have it fixed for the version on my server. i would release the version im using but its tied into my currency and auction house plugins. once we get a scrolling ui element i will redo this plugin. tho i may expand upon it and add a way for other plugins to send mails as a notification system. the way mine is set up currently...if you win an auction you get a mail with the item attached. if you are at a mailbox you can claim items from the mail.

the error is caused by typing /Mail with nothing after it. the command is an array and is looking for index 1 (/Mail) and index 2 (box, help or playerlist). unfortunately i cant seem to find the project for the public version of the plugin so i cant fix the error. in the mean time the error wont cause any issues.

the permissions in the groups folder are you basic permissions(what a player can do in the unprotected world).

then you have area permissions that are assigned to a player(Owner). areas also have a default permission witch is active in an area that any player does not own. since your default permission is to restrict non owners you want to block pretty much every thing in this permission. once an area is created you must set the default permissions and add an owner.

there is a hierarchy to the permissions as well.

if a player is not in an area it uses group permissions

if a player is in an area they do NOT own the areas default permission is used .if this is not set it uses the players group permissions witch is where i think you are having your issue as they are destroying areas. without this set they are basicly able to act as they are not even in an area.

if a player is in an area they own it uses whatever permissions group the owner is assigned to

for example. i have a cities areas permissions. when i set this are the default area players can do things like open doors but not chests.

another example. i have pvp areas. the areas default permission allows pvp but enables loose items on death. so even if a player is in a group permission that does not allow for pvp its of overridden when in the pvp area.

i think it all comes down to freedom of speech and freedom of expression. on my server you are free to do what you want and depict what you want. if its something not acceptable for a child i ask that you name the area in such a way to make it noticeable. i also ask that if a player is not an adult to let us know;. other than that its the childs parents that need to keep an eye on them. i guess if someone doesnt like a servers rules there are others to join. this doesnt mean i go out of my way to be offensive tho.

probably trying to write to the uielement before its an attribute witch is giving the null errors. i find it best to create uielements onplayerconnect then display them on on the playerspawn event

i create a new uielement for each player then set it as an attribute. you if share the same uielement between all players when one opens/closes it it does it for all players. when you create a NEW uielement and set it as an attribute....

Java
    //add new element to player
    player.setAttribute("panel", panel);
    player.addUIElement(panel);
    //get uielement
    UIElement panel = (UIElement)player.getAttribute("panel");
    //set the element visable
    player.setvisable(true);

after some testing i think it has something to do adding the element as a child of another element. if i do player.adduielement it syncs to both players just fine tho its not attached to a parent. if i use the same code and add it as a child of another uielement it no longer syncs correctly.

im working on a plugin where i have some uielements stored in in a hashmap. for some reason everytime another player joins all uielements are removed from all other players and added to the new player. im using the hashmap like you would use an array to add gameObjects.

any input would be helpfull. i have also tried cloning the hashmap so the player as their own cop but still got the same behavior.