Posts by Zinri

A gas pump made for my abandoned gas station. Decals sadly are not included with blueprints, but I might upload some to go with the pumps to imgur. Only the pump is included so far, but I will likely include the whole site once it's finished as a blueprint. Please note, I am using a custom texture on the hose which is replacing one of the blank textures, hopefully it will still show as black.

pump_1485958169.blueprint

If I have a large complex model that is made up of several different objects (for instance a building or vehicle) would I have to fit all texture info into the one UV map? Usually I just make stuff for rendering purposes, and in those cases one can end up using several UV maps to get in every single detail.

If there's one thing I would absolutely LOVE to see it's a 3d transform/rotate widget when items are frozen in place, and being able to rotate when boards are frozen. Perhaps also being able to select and tweak once something has been placed if you see it's off by a couple of notches. Maybe this wouldn't work for survival mode due to immersion breaking, but in create mode it would be a godsend. Also to be able to rotate/scale/free position props like toilets, doors, furniture etc at any angle so as to be able to give things a "vandalised" appearance. For instance having a sink hanging off the wall as though it has been half torn off, or tipping over a bookcase or sinking multiple copies of an item into the floor at weird angles to give the illusion of a pot being broken etc.

Have to agree here. Bought it recently upon getting the news that Landmark is being shut down and searching for a replacement. I just wish I had found this sooner as making stuff with planks and boards is so much more user friendly than "micro voxels" and the associated irritation of seeing something nice become a mutated blob upon rotation. Have not built much yet, partly because I don't know what kind of structure I want to make first, partly because I am trying to work out how to further my road system so as I can make decent bends, inclines and flyovers.... but mainly because I now find myself tinkering in Photoshop and Blender all the time in order to make a bunch of posters for use when I actually have some walls/billboards to put them on.. Hey, what's a town without graffiti, grunge and in your face advertisements of a dubious nature! Between this and tearing my hair out trying to do various supposedly simple things in Blender I can see I am going to be very well entertained!