Posts by Lysa

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

I can imagine if you blueprint sections it will not be easy to line them up properly afterwards? So my suggestion would be when you are ready to blueprint add a 'marker' in a contrast block either side of the section edge for lining up by when you place them. Easy to remove once placed but likely to make lining them up much easier. :)

No one has a clue when it happened. It was found because as a new member of the server and someone that loves to explore I was touring builds to see what others had done, like you do. These are older builds, not ones currently being worked on.

I can add to this that 3 of us on the server saw the broken buildings. Severely damaged by missing blocks. YES they were completed and are old builds, not builds currently being worked on. The original builders are obviously very upset by the state of them now. Some were built from scratch on the server a while ago, one of them was placed from a blueprint as originally made in singleplayer mode.

So this is not related in any way to an individual's PC settings or cache etc.

I haven't managed to find instructions anywhere for using creative mode, which I want to try using for building to experiment with different build types.

1] do I still harvest resources and make the workbenches like in survival?

2] I noticed there's a block window with arrows to chose resource type but can't work out how to use them?

3] Is building still block by block in default mode or is there any different way I'm missing?

So far I worked out how to use Terrain mode using 1 for adding or removing ground and 2 for smoothing ground. I can swap back to default mode to access my toolbar and use resources the same you do in survival. Other than that I can't work out any more. So I'd really appreciate any help or advice, or a link to a good tutorial or instructions.
    Thanks

Kitchen is lovely, all the small details really make it. Amazed how you managed to get clothes on washing line! Would never have thought to do that myself, brilliant.

Yes I'm sure lol.

How do you define your area? I mean in sp I just do wherever so I haven't tried making anything 'my area'.

EDIT: and honestly? I'm worried about pve or pvp being on as I turned pve off on singleplayer. I don't like danger. It's not fun lol

singleplayer only. I may just restart. It's not like I've done much apart from mess up the area and learnt a valuable lesson. I could just leave this seed for experimenting.
    I did consider trying multiplayer but I'm worried about the possibility of having things destroyed or taken by others.
    Not sure, think I'll sleep on it tonight.

Ok I opened the console and typed gm 1 but it said insufficient permissions in red writing.

p.s. British keyboard has ` key left of 1, below Esc, above tab. Tildi is on the # button next to enter. May confuse some people. However I have used console in other games so knew where to look.

This explains the weird bright fog I got inside my cave. I had been digging and digging due to needing a lot of stone, not paying a lot of attention to how deep I was. When I turned round the whole cave was very light with bright fog. The only lighting I had added was a few random basic torches so it should have been dark with little orange light patches. A few more pickaxe swings later the fog was gone and everywhere was very dark apart from orange torchlight patches. When I did finally come out I was surprised how deep I had gone but yeah fog penetrated :)

p.s. on windows 10 laptop, i5, Nvidia GTX 960m.

1) how do I remove water now in a mound on the floor, caused by me trying to figure out how to place a full bucket?

2) how do I remove a building that was placed via blueprint that is now fully built in the world? (accidentally completed it instead of cancelling it, while I was using preview to look around a couple I downloaded).

My curiosity does get me in trouble sometimes lol.

Is there an end? or do the maps just generate in front of you as if you're walking outside of a huge sphere? would walking west long enough bring back to your start point? or do you get newly generated that happens to look like the start did before you started building etc?

Sorry, I get in trouble for my curiosity sometimes... "always asking silly questions" is a common complaint... but how else do we learn? ;)

New too and have to agree on all counts. I too was shocked when Landmark announced impending closure and was feeling lost wondering where to go. Thank heaven I found this wonderful game!!! I'm in the very early stages as I've only been playing a couple of days but what I see on the forum shows huge potential already. I love exploring and gathering as well as crafting and building so this game is just perfect for me. Thank you so much Developers. :)

My first try in single player used a random seed that started -7 and yes that is a minus. What I got was ocean, beach and lots of grass. I explored for about 10 minutes but found no hills. So maybe using a 2 to start your seed is the wrong way to go? The seed I am playing does start with a 2 and has mountains, valleys, grassland but not seen any ocean yet.