Posts by Kesselia

I would adore the ability to use Rising World to recreate a landscape that exists IRL. I don't know how it could possibly done, but to upload a topographical map of, say Yosemite Valley? or Uluru? or the Grand Canyon . . . . I know. Dream big, right?

(But then, I was around when they were still saying, "I don't know how it could possibly be done, but wouldn't it be cool if we could put a man on the moon?")

Dream big.

~Kesselia

Let me start by saying that I love this game. The detail is outstanding, but the desert biome is having an identity crisis. -- Saguaros don't grow in sand dunes.

They look great. Don't get me wrong. These are some of the best depictions of animated saguaros I've ever seen. (Though, they are quite short. Adult saguaros grow to over 12 metres in height.)

If you're trying to recreate the Sahara (re: pyramids) make the sand red/brown and lose the cacti.

If you're trying to recreate the Sonoran Desert, where saguaros grow (and they grow *only* in in the Sonoran Desert (e.g. Arizona and Northern Mexico) you need a **whole bunch** more plant life. Palo verde and creosote grow like weeds in the same landscape. Mesquite, ironwood, cholla, occotillo, barrel, prickly pear with edible apples (as long as you cook them first to get the thorns out.) And rattlesnakes and rabbits and javalina and lizards. And the ground would be decomposed granite, not sand. And desert-colored mountain lions, not tigers and jaguars. And saguaros don't produce usable wood, nor grow from cuttings or seed--at all--which is why they're so strictly protected in the U.S.

I could go on and on, clearly, but the easiest fix is to just take out the saguaros and reflect an African desert, not an American one.

Another easy fix, while the scarcity of ponds is quite accurate, if it were drinkable water they would be surrounded by thirsty plant life, creating an oasis. I skipped several ponds assuming they were salt water because there weren't any plants around.

Thanks for a great game. I've been playing a week and I'm already hooked.

~Kesselia