Posts by Gillwin

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)

Not sure if you were using the snap feature to generate this but if you were than that would explain it. When beams snap on to each other they over lap by 0.01 so you would have to compensate for this in the over all length of the beam. This becomes more noticeable when snapping several pieces in a row and then comparing them to blocks. The gap will become more noticeable.

You would need to use a plank or a beam and size it to what you need. Planks and beams are very flexible and you can build just about anything with them. Blocks in all their shapes are limited in how you can rotate them and where you can place them. I use blocks where ever I can but most of the build is plank and beam

yes landmark had an unfortunate story. It started as a testing ground for sony because sony was trying to develop new tech for an ever quest 3. Unfortunately sony sold there games to daybreak. Daybreak was out for quick reliable money and did not want to spend time and money needed to make landmark a real game.

Happily RW has a lot of the good stuff landmark had plus some extras. There are just a few odds and ends that landmark did have that would be nice to see come into RW in some form.

I am sure you are correct about the Bnp using up a lot of memory.

Landmark was far better at letting player manipulate the terrain, BUT because of pnb RW if far superior to build in. I was just hoping that since game was being redone there might be a way to make a little improvement on the terrain side of things in RW.

Love RW just want to see it the best it can be so it is successfull and I can continue building.

Which reminds me. Another feature in landmark was that if the land was not claimed and protected it would heal back to it's original shape. I have been an admin on several servers and have spent a lot of time filling in random holes people dig throughout the world. It would be nice if a server could deside if it wanted the terrain to restore itself overtime. Would also come in handy if a player leaves a server you could delete claim protection and buildings and land would slowly restore itself.

Also be nice if stumps would turn back to trees on unprotected land.

yes. Landmark was also voxel based game. But the basic voxel was much smaller than the voxel in RW. I think you could put 25 landmark vocals in the same area as one voxel in RW. I do understand this causes more computer power, but landmark was successfully made about 9 yrs ago with much weaker video cards and processing power. But even if the RW voxel was a quarter of its current size we would have a huge improvement in game. A lot fewer lumps and bumps in terrain, better adaption to foundations of buildings.

the statues that currently able to be made are no where near as good as those possible in landmark. The smoothing tool had a small area to it so you could really smooth some fine detail into a lump of stone. You can do some sculpting now but the creation has to be pretty large and even then the detail you put into it is quite limited

in the new version will the ability to contour the land be better than the java version? I used to play a game called Landmark, in that game we were able to have finer control over shaping the land. So much so that we could make pretty good statues.

We also had textures for ice. Think there were 5 or so ice textures. Some were opaque and others were solid. Some were in the blue range and others were pure white.

I know your list for new version is quite long , but hope you can keep these in mind as well.

Really looking forward to new version.

you can use the size command to make a glass pane into the shape of a plank or beam. Need to open command window (usually the tilda key) and type: s 1 2 3

The 3 numbers relate to the height width and length. You may have to adjust the numbers to figure out which number relates to which dimension.

Thats...awesome, and opens up a great deal of creative possibility!

Thats...awesome, and opens up a great deal of creative possibility!

although this does open up a lot of possibilities it also causes a problem. Some of my builds are too large for one bp so I have had to use up to 8 bp to cover the whole build. It has been easy to reassemble the building because the blocks have been fixed to the grid. If blocks are able to be placed in any location as are beams it will be much harder to reassemble the buildings.

One solution may be giving us a choice if we want to place a bp on or off the grid.

the survival servers I have been on will not let you expand to 15.99. It is a bit confusing. The largest cube you can make is 1x1x1. But if you reduce 2 of the dimensions to 0.1 it will let you extend the 3rd dimension to 6. So final size is 0.1x0.1x6.

I only play on multiplayer servers so it may be diff on private servers.

I only play in multiplayer servers and on those servers you can use size command in survival it just limits the sizes. This might be different on single player servers.

Creative let's you reduce to 0.01 0.01 0.01 but survival only lets you reduce to 0.1 0.1 0.1

I think he was trying to say the limits put on the smaller range just makes no logical sence. Why limit the size you can reduce an object just because you are in survival. I agree with him. The size limitations for reducing an item should be the same for survival as it is for creative.

I understand why there should be a limit on increasing the size for some one in survival. I personally think you should still be able to increase the size of a beam but if you do it would just remove more resources from your inventory. So if you want to increase beam beyond the 1 1 1 it would remove 2 or 3 logs/stone from your inventory . The main reason I would like to see this is that it would decrease the number of beams required for a build thus helping decrease lag. Anything to help reduce lag in this game is a good thing. Love to see spheres in the game as well some day. You have to use a lot of logs to make a sphere now which means lag lag lag.

also have a problem with quality of server and location of server. I know I have terrible ping with servers in Europe. USA is ok. But I prefer connecting to one in aussie as it gives me best connection.

I would love to see more people playing on fewer servers. But you have diff types of servers (survival or creative). Plus you have server locations to deal with. Then you have diff quality of servers (memory allotment, and processing speed). Also number of plug ins and which plugins that are installed. This is a lot of variables to consider when choosing a server.

Plus with the BP not using materials you will have a big problem with server hopping. Who wants to move from one server to another if they cant move their creations with them because bps are not allowed. This is one reason I would love to see BP fixed so they require the use of materials. Then maybe more servers would allow the use of BP. Would help with server consolidation.