Posts by Batta

in the main game or server folder there should be a permissions folder

I have opened literally every single folder in my Rising World game folder, including every subfolder, and can't find anything called permissions. Where would I find it?

EDIT: I figured it out. I didn't know there was a Rising World Dedicated server that I needed to be able to use this. My apologies. I'm just learning.

the permissions/groups folder has the files in it.

Okay, that's the problem. I don't have any permissions/groups folder. I did a search and can't find it hidden anywhere either. Where is this supposed to come from?

The download zip contained:
    assets (folder)
    Server_Tools.jar

The assets folder contained:
    announcements.txt
    autogm1list.txt
    banneditems.txt
    bannedwords.txt
    blacklist.txt
    messages.txt
    ranklist.txt
    restartwarnings.txt
    settings.txt

I also did a search through the Rising World root folder, and there was nothing with the words permissions or groups.

The ranks are the names of the permission groups the server is running

Yes, I understand. But what permissions go with each group? Where can we see it or change it?
    I play on one server where players can fly after 5 days. I wouldn't want to give my players that, because then they just fly through the earth and get all the dungeon loot without much risk. Is there a way to see the permissions for each rank and edit them?

Is there a list somewhere of what powers players will have at the different rankings? I'm seeing Rank1, Rank2, Rank3 but not how to determine what those ranks give players.
    I'm also not seeing a ranklist.txt Where would I find that?

A modern stove I made for one of my worlds. I thought I'd share in case anyone else wants one. It's fully functional and can cook your meats!

I used this blueprint, but there is no campfire inside to cook food on. Are we supposed to make our own and put the oven over it? If so, does the fireplace need to be on blocks?

Very nice! I also have been working with Tiny House blueprints to try out different things in Rising World, but this one is quite a bit better than my attempts, lol. Thanks for sharing.

I don't really understand, though I support your decisions @red51
    Does this mean that once the changes happen, we will no longer find Rising World on our list of Steam games, and can no longer login from Steam?
    I know the question probably seems ridiculously simple, but I know nothing about this sort of thing. I just love the game and plan to keep playing it!

One other thing I'm concerned about: we have plans to open a Rising World server in 2020 (after we all learn the game a bit better), and would have it hosted through Pingperfect. If we have a server before the changes, would we then lose it from Pingperfect? Would Pingperfect need to make changes to keep offering Rising World and/or our existing server?

Thanks for your patience with my questions!

Neither of us is opted in to betas. I got an answer from Steam, that it's something in the way the game saves on computers. They suggested we write to the game devs and ask them to change it. Apparently, right now it's impossible for two different Steam accounts to play this game on the same computer unless they don't mind both of them going by the same name. This creates obvious issues when other players can't tell which of us they're interacting with.

My friend plays games on my computer, but with her own Steam. I gave her permissions to play my Rising World game, but when she logged in it just gave her a new toon with my name, so that didn't work. She tried to buy the game for herself, but she wasn't able to because it said she already owns the game.

How can I take her off my game so that she can buy it for herself? She will still be using it on my computer while she waits to get one of her own. Actually, this is an issue with all the games on Steam on my computer.

I know this might be a Steam question, but nobody seems to be answering her there so I was hoping one of you good people could let us know how it's done.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

------------------------------------------

RESOLVED: In Steam>Settings there is a "Family" section. I found her there and removed her. :-)

Help! I was trying to fill my kitchen sink with water but instead I got a big sphere of water in the middle of my kitchen. Is there some way to make it go away?

Hilfe! Ich habe versucht, meine Küchenspüle mit Wasser zu füllen, aber stattdessen habe ich eine große Kugel Wasser in der Mitte meiner Küche. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, es zum Verschwinden zu bringen?
    (Google Translate, sorry)

rising-world.net/attachment/23785/