Posts by Batta

I had a look at the database but I'm unclear what I change, exactly. I do know that I've logged in to several different servers, all with different starting gear. Even if I have to set it per world, as long as it can be done before toons log in, that would be good, too.

How do I adjust the starting gear on my singleplayer game? I'd like to do it automatically, so every time I start a world I get the same gear without having to add items manually.

Once I deleted the RWgui plugin, the error went away. I definitely had the PluginAPI.jar not in the plugins folder, as per the screenshot I posted earlier, though. The plugins folder contains only a couple of plugins, no extra copy of the PluginAPI or anything. The only plugins I have in there are gps, world protection, shared, and planksNbeams.

When you deleted the game did you uninstall from Steam and then delete the folder RisingWorld?

Yes

You may want to check you have Windows Updated to date.

Freshly updated

...you also don't appear to have any plugins folder?

I didn't add anything extra, just took what I got from a clean install of the game and PluginAPI. The only thing I might have done differently is extracting that one file, which did have the Index-files in it.

What I did was to extract the PluginAPI to my Rising World folder (not the plugins folder). Tried running the singleplayer servers again and got the same message, even with a fresh install of everything.
    Next, I tried extracting the javadoc.zip file that appeared with the PluginAPI, but it didn't fix anything.

Here's what my files look like, in case something looks obviously wrong to you. I used WinRAR to open the PluginAPI.jar, and just as the error message says, couldn't find a plugin.yml in there anywhere. However, I was getting this error even before I upgraded from the previous PluginAPI version, so I'm kind of lost as to how to fix this.

Currently, I can't play singleplayer at all anymore.

Have you tried downloading the plugin API for 0.9.5.5 again as the messages indicate something is missing.

If a new download still comes up with an error have you tried going back to 0.9.5.4 ?

I did try reinstalling the 0.9.5.5.
    Now I am trying deleting the game entirely from my computer and starting fresh.
    I've played for years without error. Not sure why it's a problem now. I must be forgetting something.

My singleplayer servers won't open anymore, as of at least a couple of days ago. I haven't tried since the last update, so I am not sure when exactly they stopped opening.

My current PluginAPI is version 0.9.5.5, which is the most recent one I can find in these forums.

I get the following error:

Windows10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9.5.7_39 -H:3072 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz, H97M-G43(MS-7924), 8125 MB (3186 MBHeap)
    NVIDIAGeForce GTX 1060 3GB 20181010000000.000000-000 25.21.14.1634
    atpluginapi.PluginLoader.loadPluginFromJar(SourceFile:221)
    atpluginapi.PluginLoader.loadPlugins(SourceFile:48)
    atpluginapi.PluginManager.initialize(SourceFile:79)
    atw.l.c(SourceFile:313)
    atw.l.a(SourceFile:179)
    atw.i.a(SourceFile:207)
    atjava.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    atjava.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    atjava.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(UnknownSource)
    atjava.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(UnknownSource)
    atjava.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    atjava.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    atjava.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The issue isn't that the saddle is being removed, the saddle is on the horse and it still walks away. It appears that if you do not have the most recent version of ABM installed, the horse (maybe all mounts?) are called "Wild" per the ABM plug-in, and as such they roam away, and in some cases disappear, with the saddle on.

I'm playing on the Denver_players public server, so I'd guess they have the most recent version on abm? Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to remove a saddle from a horse... (nm, obviously hold down the F key!)

On my singleplayer server, a horse with a saddle stays put.

I spent literally hours searching for a horse on the Denver server. Finally found one and put a saddle & saddlebags on it, rode it around a bit. But every time I dismount, the horse wanders off. Happens whether in the wild or on my protected settlement. When I hover over the horse, it says "wild" -- is there some trick I should know about to make it stop running away? I tried to ask players in-game but got no response.

I think the server has an animal breeding plugin, if that makes a difference. I'm brand new to Rising World, so I basically know nothing.

For this particular horse, though, it is a moot point because it just walked into ankle-deep water and drowned. But once I find another horse, I'd like to know how to keep the same thing from happening. Not very useful to travel by horse if I can't dismount without losing it.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,
    Now my little Rising World app is in the state that I can publish the previous version. First I'll upload it here and later in the playstore too. Currently it's available in english and german. Here you could download it:
    drive.google.com/file/d/0B4YHI…MGkzWTQ/view?pref=2&pli=1
    I would be glad to get some feedback and creative suggestions,
    Galveston01

I click but it says that page does not exist. I am brand new and I don't know much about how to play yet.