Posts by keitha7373

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)

I'm assuming that one of the game files were corrupted and the "verify integrity" system somehow missed it. I do not use mods, so it had to be in the vanilla side somewhere.

Okay, To save someone else this is what i did:

1. Open up folder where my saved worlds are at and copied folders to another "safe" place of games i wanted to keep (just in case)
    2. Opened up Steam > Library, Right Click Rising World > Uninstall
    3. Go back to Steam folder> Steam Apps>Rising World and delete the entire folder
    4. Reinstall Rising World from Steam Menu
    5. Viola! Results!

Such holes are likely air holes. Rising World has no running water and such holes can occur when removing sand or working on water surfaces.
    I have built an ocean and I had many such holes. With filling up of water, the gaps should be closed.

This ocean was already there, game created. I know what you are talking about though, but it apparently doesn't work if the game is the creator of the water mass.

Have you verified validity of the game files in steam in case something got corrupted.

Yes, That's always the first thing i do. Then, made sure all drivers were up to date, Checked to see if it was just that particular seed by going back to my previous builds - They are also doing this now. Ran antivirus to make sure PC is clean, all good there. Uninstalled, reinstalled steam, ran to verify game files second time. Checked all settings to default, nothing worked.

• @keitha7373 what do you mean by ‚click on a map‘? The program doesn‘t respond to mouse clicks, it only recognizes a few key presses (as explained above). Can you see a map ingame (by pressing M)? If no, then you need to craft a map first and explore a part of the world. After that you can use my program to view a bigger part of the map on screen or export a png.

I see, the world i was using to try it out i had not yet created a map - my bad. Thanks. Works on Windows 10 perfectly. Nice Work!

Hmm... this looks like there was a new world generated on top of your existing world. This might happen if the game has either restricted access to your hard drive (blocked by an antivirus program, for example), or if there is another issue. There was a similar issue in the past when a seed was used consisting of special characters, but this bug was supposed to be fixed 8| Maybe you can post a log file here. To do that, go to your game directory (Steam version: Rightclick on RW in Steam -> Properties -> Local files -> Browse local files) and open the "config.properties" file with a text editor. Set "game_debug_console" to true, save the file, and run the game. Now load the world in question (so that you run into this issue again), then quit the game, go into the "Logs" subfolder in your game directory and upload the latest log file here (or alternatively send it via PM to me, or via email to support@jiw-games.net) :)

Here is the log file. Thanks for taking a look Red51.

Files

• log

(11.1 kB, downloaded 303 times, last: )

I just logged in to continue a game world i created yesterday. I left the world last night with a single castle section built and when i logged in today...it was like my beach front is now below and within another world or biome?..... (see for yourself) *I was NOT in "Fly Mode"*
    It's no big deal to start a new world at this point, but i thought it best to pass the info along.

Yes, Thank You But I already know how to use this, what i am getting at is basically a more precise way then just "eyeballing" it - a faster way. Using the advanced Construction System is awesome, but it is tedious and time consuming when it comes to details. Maybe just a way to snap to edges side by side (not just hitting "Enter" / "Return" Key to snap to center) But being able to line up pieces edge to edge through a snap-grid.

I have not seen anything on this, but a mere suggestion:
    Would it be possible to incorporate a "finer" grid system in conjunction with the current system that allows a grid to be placed on and with a specific part of a construction element or group of elements?
    Explanation:
    Let's say i am using both blocks and PnB, I built a square column with blocks and used the standard grid to place planks and beams between these columns to make walls, no problems so far - easily done with current system.
    Now I need to place windows and i want them to line up at specific areas along the plank and beam walls, which can be done with trial and error through the ACS, but is fairly time consuming and tedious. Being able to place a grid on a single beam to line up specifically at edges, centered or off centered to that one beam would allow for more detailed areas to be created as opposed to everything "lining up" together - It makes creating patterns and designs simpler and quicker as opposed to the tedious work of doing each window/door (or whatever else) individually.

i want to try this. As soon as i get the time ... Thanks for sharing.

The New Blueprint is in the first link, it is the second version, remade. Please let me know what you think and how i can improve it. Remember, this one is just basic i am working on it to make it better.

realy nice idea - but its too empty its not spooky add some deko, or smaller dark pathways to open the bridges, use traps, spidernet. or play with the portalskript, use posters to foolish visitors

to let people test it upload the whole world file - this way you can include chest and posters or spawned npc.

im working on something like this in my world, its not finished but if you want i can show you the entrance to the dungeon in my world, maybe you get some suggestions.
    my world is called : dagolines kleine welt

Sure, I'd love to see it. I plan on adding more to this maze as i go, the reason for this upload was to see if it would go over well. Also i did add a couple of chest in the second upload, link is in the post 7 of this page "Added Chest" I will repost the link later today/tonight, i plan on adding more stuff today - maybe expanding and adding some rooms and lighting and such things. The "World" will be 'coming soon' , My plan is to push the maze into a online world where i can add continuously to it - hence, "A never ending maze".

O.K. did not know that, i did add a couple of chest and made it a little bit challenging to get to at least one of them, not sure about the other.

Updated blueprint is here:

Follow the First Link - version 2

Thanks for being so helpful, I hope to continue working on this and make it more and more challenging as the game progresses.

Not yet, but i will add some and update the blueprint. I will add Weapons/Armour/Clothes to a couple of hidden chest to make things more interesting. Thank You for the input. I will update the blueprint as soon as i add the chest. I have some space between walls so i can make some hidden areas.

Maybe test the maze itself through blueprints - via sections like the first one, then when NPCs are added, get a server specifically for the entire build.

Thank You for trying it, Please let me know what you think.

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first upload of a blueprint and also the first (maybe major) project i will be working on. I was hoping to use a few of you as "guinea pigs" ....

I will start by saying what my intentions are:

We have all most likely played multiple games involving dungeons with traps, secrets, difficult puzzles, etc. I want to show some of the AWESOME potential RW has by creating a "never ending" maze full of traps, secrets and puzzles.
    The small creation i am sharing today is the first 'usable' attempt (there are many more attempts, i just learned to keep it simple to start). I was hoping a few of you might try to run through my little maze and offer a suggestion - or criticism (hopefully not too harsh). Keep in mind, this was done on a superflat landscape, in creative mode. I have no drawings or maps, this is from my head - i know, scary. It is very simple, but i think you guys might be able to let me know if i am on the right track or not - there will be new parts, puzzles and other clues later as i figure out how and where to put them - hopefully i will be able to use trap doors soon. I am also going to try and impliment the use of manholes and short cut tunnels - once enemy NPC's are ready, should make this very interesting.
    Anyway, enough jibber-jabber...

The_Maze_Box_2_1534038038.blueprint of the original upload. This is the second version of my maze recreated from scratch with some of the suggestions added. I tried to make it more challenging added some decoration, made it a little longer and more puzzle like.