Posts by Redeye

Now that we have new round top doors I've realized that we also need half-rounded top doors so that we can make double doors that fit into an arched opening. Maybe also some gothic arch top doors could be interesting. Gate options would also be nice, such as wrought iron, picket fence, etc.

I would also love to see some hanging lanterns similar to the ones in the java version. While I can make my own using blocks, the flame from the torches behind a glass enclosure just doesn't render well and the flame itself becomes completely invisible when looking through glass. Maybe there can be different eras of lantern with torch/candle flame, gas flame, and electric bulb.

Alternatively, or maybe in addition, there could be torch/gas flame/lightbulb objects that could be placed by players into their custom built light fixtures as a light source.

There are lanterns just like in Java that you can hang

the only square blocks are those for the floor. which i used really only to have a "grid" to work on. you could build this on any ground, even natural. or blueprint it without the blocks. or put more effort in the blocks so they are not square.

but that hut is only a demonstration. any change with anything else than a "plant" (rocks count as plants) will cause the hut to collabse.

honestly, i think if you want such a hut you could build your own rocks with the blocks. use several shapes, slide them into each other, tinkle a bit with the surface mode to give it an odd shape and at some point you end up with a nice, uneven, natural looking rock. that you can blueprint and use to build a stable version of that hut. takes a lot more effort of course but if its that what you want, it can be done.

Thanks I'll try playing around with that

im having the opposite problem , I placed water into a pool with blocks under it three days ago and now the water went through into the ground this happened last night.

Both ways are optional which i have used but maybe at some point in the future we could have this as an option shape to have, a bit like how you can build a stone wall/house in Sons of the forest?

yes as long as each rock in that picture was individually placed so you could stagger.

. I think you want to be able to pick up stones to collect and process them and not use the stones on F6.

Terrain blocks should be added at some point. maybe that would be an option for you.

yes just not in a block form. more of a single round form.

I know your busy fixing things and you have other stuff, but maybe down the road . I came across this picture and was looking at and it just popped out at me. In this picture I was like i want to be able to build this. But we dont have rocks that can be used this way. You can see the stacking and staggering of them. I would love to be able to walk around and when we pick up those smaller rocks they go into your bag as a rock and not stone. We get stone when we use the drill. I think this would open up a lot more to being able to build things. Then we could also resize the rocks to our liking.

Hmm... that's really weird :wat: Do you see a preview of the torch/fire, or is that also missing? Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce this issue... if this happens again after reloading the world, do you mind sending a report? To do that, just open the console (` or ~) and type "report" (maybe add some additional information like "cannot place torch here").

ok Red , I reloaded and everything is working now down there. Thanks

I love the new update and I know there is going to be lots of bugs. But I do have a problem, is there a way to slow down the number of caves? Its like a ant farm underground. I can hardly walk or ride a horse with not falling into a cave . Its a little much. Also the horse takes forever to turn left or right. Thanks again Red for all you do.!!!

Like it says, when down at -474 feet , i cant place a torch or floodlight or bonefire or anything that would give off more light to be able to see. I dont know if this is sa bug or not. I can place blocks just no type of light. I can hold a torch but that is it.

Collision on/off means that with collision off, a door disappears into the ground and is not placed correctly on the surface, a block then also disappears almost completely into the ground.

Normally this would mean that a tree couldn't extend into the house, but this couldn't quite be achieved without affecting the game.

Rotation mode means the axis on which your component is rotated.
    Mirroring means allowing a door to open to the left or right or front or back.

With surface processing you can shape your component as desired.

With "commands" in the command line, you can see a lot of descriptions (by using the creative mode).

Thank you, I was wondering why blocks would sink half way into the ground and not stay on top.

Thank you

So i bring up the Construction element and i see like collision on and off and other tabs with different settings. I dont know or understand a lot of them. Is there a video or a page i can read on how all the commands work? I have hit f1 and it tells me some but not all. I have only built in survival mode. So now in creative Im kind of lost.

OK I love the work you have put into the portal plugin. So this plugin is great if your on a creative only building platform. But it sucks for a pvp platform. If any player can just bring up the command and see the list they can use it to gain entrance right into someones place. How is this fair to someone? PVP players should have to seek out and find peoples claims not just type a command and walk right in. Our server is both pvp/ PVE. Its not fair for those who are just building but dont want to pvp.

Can we get the new one but operates like the old version on Java?

The inventory issue should be fixed now with the latest hotfix :) Unfortunately it can't restore inventories which are already empty though...

If you still experience this issue, please let me know! ;)

Thank you for all you do. If it comes back up , yes Ill let you know

I guess you were using regular stairs? I.e. not the "slope" or "steps" type?

no problem with slope. Problem with all three types of steps.

About the rake: You were probably already using the right mouse button? Basically the rake has some limitations unfortunately, it only smoothes ground (with the left button it tends to lower the ground, while the right button tends to raise it)... it is our intention to still tweak the rake a bit, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea if it adds too much terrain (because players could basically spawn new terrain that way and get new resources for free)...

The proper solution in this case would be to place new terrain there. Unfortunately that doesn't work in survival mode yet, but it's still on our to-do list :saint:

Ok, cool . Ill Just make Juggs work harder by leveling it for me :)