Posts by Redeye

no this is not using any BP. I have built stairs outside with nothing over the top and I still get hung up. I have tired the pivot points and mode and I still have it happen sometimes, just not as much.
    I have tired placing each block separate and I placed one block and dragged it out 7 blocks. I still get it

Sorry if I might be missing on how to see it.

So I placed a custom colored block and then continued to build on top of it. Now I have to remove it to find out what the custom color number is that I used. But its pain to replace back in.

I can see custom color if I have one in inventory. If I hold another block in my hand I can see the block number, size ,position and texture. But it doesnt show the custom color I used for that block.

Any way we could get that added to the line if we are holding another block and looking at it?

Thanks

It is actually our intention to make each block side individually paintable ;) Unfortunately this requires a world conversion (because all existing construction elements in old worlds need to be updated for this), and the last two major updates already changed so many world-related things that we didn't want to risk breaking any worlds :saint: But it's still on our to-do list ^^

oh sweet!! thank you Red :)

So I would like to see if this can be done. So first off I love the paint roller and paint brush. But here is my problem and not just me.

I would like to be able to paint just one side of a block or beam or what ever. Reason, In building lets say a second floor the color is the same for below. I dont want my ceiling below looking the same as the floor above.
    Right now the only way I know of changing this is thinning out a block and placing it over the top of another block.

Thats all

:)

Can we please get ladders stack able. nothing worse than only being able to carry like 24 ladders and having to leave space for your stone and ores. When you down below ground 500 blocks and you have to keep climbing up and down to only be able to place just a few ladders it sucks.

Scaffoldings are these ramps/stairs, right? Until they arrive you could just use any plank, enlarge it as required and place it where needed. Doesn´t look nice but its working. And it gets removed when the building is done anyways.

The drawbridge i assume will be scaleable. Therefore if there is a slight gap, just adjust it :)

good point, I did not think about that. thanks. Draw Bridge is a little different. At the back where the wheel is to turn it open and close is wider than the rest of the bridge. which makes it hard since it kind of sticks into blocks and can get hidden. Java version the bridge was like 14 blocks long way longer than any door was.

So there is two things that really need to be added to the game asap. I know they are coming . But without one of them it makes it really hard to want to play, meaning building.

First is scaffolding. trying to build a a second story or even higher is next to impossible. I dont feel Like placing a thousand blocks in steps to get up and have to take them down each time.

The second one is we really need the draw Bridge so we know where to place blocks so we are not having to tear half a build down later when they come. Other doors are fine because of how they work. But draw bridge in java was way different and on how you had to build to place it. Im sure there is a few people wanting to build a castle or use a draw bridge right now but wont build anything of that type because

of how its placed and how much bigger it was in java.

Like right now I have started to build a castle and now Im stopping because of not knowing how the new draw Bridge is going to fit or the size.

This is the reason for posting this topic. Because i ran into the second floor proplem trying to get up high enough to place blocks and the draw bridge.

If anything the scaffolding needs to be done asap. The draw bridge I can wait on.

Sorry for the rant, Im loving all the new stuff and the game.

Thanks RED51 and who ever is helping

you can choose the index colour for "chrome" which is "a8a9ad" on some materials it doesn't look very chrome ie wood but I haven't tried many of the others so give it a go and see what ones look the best for what you are after.

To do this when selecting your block in the preview window on the right-hand side there is a small circle, click on that and just input that colour code.

ok ty , Ill give that a try

Ok, found out what is causing it. Juggs was able to replicate it also . I sent a report about it also from game console.

But I was using the sledgehammer to flatten the floor in the tunnel I had just dug. using the left mouse button it started filling in the tunnel and pushing me backwards . Help this helps

Ok , I found a bug today. Ill keep watching for it since it has only happened once so far.

But I was picking through a mtn and all of a sudden I turned around to head back out the way I picked in. Will the opening that I had picked out was gone. It had filled back in.

It took a min of re picking but I found the hole again after about 5 feet of picking again.

Thanks Red51 , good to know on all of it.

Red and his team still works hard on it and more land will be implemented later. Animals will come, too, sooner or later. You could open the Roadmap button above to see what is in work :D

Thank you , I forgot about that button. Its been so long since I have been on.

So I finally got a chance to jump in the new version. WOW, awesome job guys.

But here is where Im at with this. I feel like Im Noah and Im on the ark. What happened to the larger land masses ? I have traveled for 12 night and day cycles of the game and all I find is smaller islands. I have yet to see a desert , maybe it is not in the game yet. So on WF server we are a pvp/ pve server.. In the past we could ride a horse and find peoples builds to see if we could get in and steal items or pvp. Now with so much water and how far you go to find land ,i doubt anyone could find someone.

So the boat. I thought i had found a large land mass so I started to build my benches and stuff. Will a few days later I found it was a small island. So I packet it up to find another larger land mass. Still looking. But when I went to the boat I noticed I could not take everything important. Any way to be able to place one chest in the boat?

But other than that , I love what graphics and everything else you have done RED51..

I carry a sickle with me and just cut the grass down so i can find them. I for one like how in taller grass it makes you have to find the bandit. The Bandits right now drop so much iron and gold you really don't even have to go mine it. Making the game a lot easier which I don't care for.

But I do understand what your saying it can become a pain to find them. The only it really makes it hard is when you have like 4-5 bandits coming at you and a couple of bears. So you lose track of where you shot the bandits or animal, because your running all around staying out of their way while trying to kill them. But to me that is what makes the game fun.

Sorry for the late response! Unfortunately you can't use special characters in the world name (in this case the question mark), since the server creates a folder and a few files on the hard drive using that name (and depending on the OS/filesystem, this character is not allowed). So in order to fix that problem, just remove the question mark from the world name (and make sure to not use any other special characters) ;)

I believe this also goes for player names correct? I know we have to ask players to change their name if it has a special character in it.