Posts by Dn25Crow

Yes its about the water surface to be able to see under it when we are editing the terain, i was playing today a bit in creative and discovered a island i did start to edit it and made something there, but when i got to the edge water part it was hard to see under the water to add texture or editing it to make a cave under the island, it will be nice to have something to disable the water texture to make it invisible so that we can see when we want to do something like that in creative, ps: i dont know why i thought/remembered that there was such an option in java.

red51

From what i remember i think we had Toggle on/off option for water java version, i remember that i was able to hide the water when i was working around the clifs or underwater.

I did ask in discord and checked all the commands in game but i just cant find anything to toggle on/off the water, if there is such thing already in game please let me know, thanks.

Great, I like variety. Any reason you've always stuck to the same number of hits per tree to chop it down? A little variety there and possibly with the 'yield' would make for more interest IMO ... I find myself counting strokes every time I cut a tree/stump.

Using different types of tools should decrease that number i guess.

Wonderful, updating the game right now! I love the images you showed above, can't wait to explore the world, thank you very much for all your work put into this great game.

I hope updates now will come much faster after this huge achievement with the world generation update.

No thanks, when we talk about exclusive content we need to think carefully, this game should be totally different from the big corporations that sells a skin for 10$.

And if we will ever go there with skins and stuff let it be possible to be obtainable with in game challenges achievements or something like that so that if someone wants to buy them and have it early without doing the challenge that will be fine with me, but please don't block us with exclusive stuff. If you want to help and support Red do what I did, buy few copy of the game and share them with your family or friends, thanks!

These are nice suggestions, but we don't want to change the name of the game :D One could maybe think about a small suffix, like "Rising World HD" or "Rising World Reworked" (or maybe "Definitive Edition"), but I guess it's a good idea if we just keep the original name for now ^^

Agree with that!

It seems like the Alt-key always keeps its "Pressed" state if you Alt+tab to the desktop. It's apparently a bug in Unitys new Input system, at least it has been reported there before :/ Pressing Alt once fixes the issue.

I see it was not something from default it was actualy Alt + Tab that forced the walk when pressing Alt, good to know thanks!

Really glad to see that you added aswell snow textures for the cut tress!

Unfortuantely it's still not possible to remove paint :| We're thinking about adding a special item for that (maybe sand paper)?

red51 This is just an ideea, what about a Wire Brushes as a paint removal?

This will actualy fit in all ages, you can have one with the handle made of wood for medieval age and one totaly of Steel for advanced ages maybe

Or if you want to go further a Pressure Washer for advanced ages just saying...

Currently we're mostly staying away from the asset store. We took a look at some assets but most of them aren't really suitable for a game like RW (procedural voxel world with multiplayer). We would give away too much control by using them, so we decided to create most stuff from scratch ;)

Very interesting indeed, It will be really nice to hear/see in the near future how your unity infinite terrain will going to handle the Splines for rivers/lakes and stuff like that, Objects like randomly dungeons above ground and underground, and also the Biomes.

We haven't had a vacation last year (except the days between Christmas and New Year), so no, unfortunately that doesn't work. However, if you have any specific questions about development, feel free to ask :)

Actually our workflow differs very much from the standard authoring way in Unity. Just like the Java version, almost everything is done programmatically (except things like animations, textures etc)

When i heard that the game is going with Unity i was thinking if you are going to take the asset aproach that is offered in Unity Store like Map Magic 2 for infinite world, Digger Pro for digging and also MicroSplat to cut the time that it will take to actualy get the game to Unity, i am a bit curious, have you guys build everything from scratch or more to say migrated from Java once you moved to Unity?

I don't like the change any time approach at all. It's not immersive and out of the usual way rising world acts.

Change shape on a working bench... Yes. Change in inventory... No.

That's good at 7d2d where you need to build fast and efficient while fighting for your life. But in rising world it would be like using a drone to put a brick ib place on your castle wall. It doesn't fit, in my opinion

Exactly... i like how the java rising world is handling stuff, you want to craft something use that specific bench to craft it.

Separate items for every individual shape its the way it should be as official java Rising World, keep the game immersion dont trow it away.

I really like what i saw in the new demo version so far like how the snow is covering all the vegetation/grass and even some of the "objects" like the big rocks. https://gyazo.com/b6157f9dfa7ef6720a9b0b5129cafda5

I do take in consideration that this is a demo and you might already think about adding the following but here are my 2 suggestion i contemplated during this demo play time for trees/vegetation.

Suggestions, please implement snow textures for the tress that are cut in pieces aswell.

https://gyazo.com/dee61ad47d7fab61ea0cda88c3e084e8

Suggestions, please implement hiting tree efects, for example when the tree is covered in snow and you hit it then a bit of snow will fall when hitting the tree, for other seasons there can be

small branches and leaves falling down when hitting a tree, i know there is already 1 effect in place when a tree is cut and falls to the ground there will be a bunch of leaves falling down afterward.

I still want to see more about the seasons and how everything will blend out because ones of my favorites seasons are Winter and Autumn, cant wait to see the colorful Autumn in the future updates!

I really want to see the world alive and such details like those can make the player immersed in the game, for example such little things like the footprints can add so much realism to the game and i thank you for adding them!