Posts by VinnieDaArm

Thanks for the log ;) The server is indeed running on the old version 0.6.5.1 (you can find that information at the very top of the log)... not sure why SteamCMD doesn't update it properly (even after adding the validate parameter) :thinking: I would recommend to try to delete the server files then, as described above (just keep the Worlds folder and maybe the "Permission" folder and the server.properties file), then run SteamCMD again.

OK. I figured it out. My brain was the issue. I figured SteamCMD would update the directory I was in, seeing Rising World Unity Server already there. No. It was updating to the default location in ~/.local/shared. Ugh. I did the force_install_dir in SteamCMD and that worked. Thanks for your help, Red.

The first image is from the Java version (and can be ignored^^), but the 2nd image indicates that you already got the latest game version (0.6.7.2), which was indeed released on July 7 ;) So it's definitely the server which is causing the issue... you can also find the server version in the latest server log (there should be a "Logs" folder in the server directory). Maybe upload that log file here ;)

In case of doubt, you may also try to delete all server files (except the "Worlds" and "Permission" folder and the "server.properties" file) and update the server again.

Red, attaching the log file here. I obfuscated some of the data that would point out my accounts or IPs to prevent someone trying to hack my server or accounts. Hopefully, this is enough, and it does point out the incorrect version numbers. I believe I obfuscated the correct items. If I left any harmful stuff in the log, please let me know so I can remove it.

Hmm... is maybe your game outdated then for some reason? I have seen cases in the past where even the Steam client doesn't recognize new updates... :thinking:

The game version game be found in the lower left corner of the main menu (the latest version is 0.6.7.2). For the server, the version can be seen in the server console at the top in the server console (when starting the server) ;)

It updated for the June 30th update. The Unity version exe has a date of 7-July-2023, but the version info shows older. I'll include a screenshot of both the Java version and the Unity version after the latest client update. I am not sure how to check the version on the server running on Ubuntu. Thanks for the help. I'd love to get this running again for my family. Such a great game.

When using SteamCMD, it sometimes doesn't detect or download new updates unfortunately... but usually you can fix that by appending a validate parameter to the update command (i.e. app_update 339010 -beta unity validate) ;)

I tried that. I appreciate the feedback, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I ensure the server isn't running, I execute SteamCMD inside the Rising World Unity server folder, and it says it updates (see screenshots below), yet when I launch the game (which is up to date) I get this error every time.

Red, I've been trying since this new client came out to connect to my Server and it always says wrong version. I created the server using SteamCMD and the instructions on this forum a month or so ago. When I updated clients to the "posters" version they have never been able to connect.

I've run the SteamCMD update command for this (in the directory it is installed on my private server) like 10 times and it never works. Anyone have ideas on what to do?

This is my first time updating the server since its creation.

Vinnie