Update 0.6.7: Posters, Signs and more Content

• Well, basically there is no specific use-case for black wool, so it just turns into the same type of yarn (more precisely, there is just a generic type of yarn). Similar to how all different tree log pieces turn into the same wood ^^

Here's something I do so automatically that I didn't even notice that the types of wood don't go together in the same pile.

• Another minor hotfix is available now btw :saint: It's just a clientside update, so no need to update multiplayer servers for this

Hotfix 2023-07-07:

• [Change] Mattress now has a slightly bigger interaction radius (so it remains usable after hiding it inside a block)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed arch doors sometimes not having collision
    • [Bugfix] Fixed metal trashcan not being fully paintable

Thanks for the quick updates red......

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• Oh so good :wow: Horses to ride in a beautiful world !

Since you will be working on npcs, if you think this could be done, it will be soo good to have some specific/eating/rest stences for animals, like cows laid down, seated pigs (as shown on the picture bellow), instead of being continuously wandering which is not very natural. It will be so immersive and cool :wow:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxBHn8qpfqA4gVgc8bJXG_TBJ5YcZ1QbojqA&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREdFuv8bSr0sKbma6OmDnhk2sEUi39PSxrrg&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsHw5MZ4GtHUE7O_4orhwub8Ywcb3Ngda4vQ&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_9xMQUdMUktku22sZ_Q-tj5Yxl_TtqWfzRQ&usqp=CAU

Also was wondering in order to complete hostile's challenging, do you plan to introduce a skills based system evolving, with skill points or so, to gain on the long-term, things like, longer stamina bar, more strenght, etc... IMHO I think that could be an interesting way to encourage people to be continuously looking for improvements, challenges, etc

• The rabbits stretched out like that on the ground in the sun... Now I know why rabbits make so many babies, hahaha.... sexy bunnies XD...

As for combat, I am sincerely afraid that the combat is just as bad as the original version.

- NPCs appear out of nowhere

- It's almost always too dark (at night in the wild)

- Bandits always travel in groups and combat is even more complicated for that.

I think I have a greater difficulty in first person combat, but the original rising world is extremely more complicated than other games I've had the opportunity to play, which leads me to disable the bandits in single player.

• You can also change it in singleplayer on the fly by typing setoption customimageresolution <resolution> into console

red51 I think I'm doing something wrong here hehe. Everything is in single player. I seem to have set the resolution to 256x256 by typing 'setoption customimageresolution 256' but I don't know how it worked because it didn't seem to take effect until I loaded up the game 2 days later. The images were still 512 for that whole session after the commands. The command showed up as green text to I assume that means it's correct but it didn't do anything. 2 days later I placed an image and then realised it was 256 which was so strange. I didn't apply any commands on that day. I also tried 1024 resolution as well but haven't been able to get it to work yet. I must be doing it wrong. Do we enter the command, then upload the image? I have tried this many times but it hasn't worked. Or place the image and then focus on it and enter the command? I have tried so many different things but I have no idea how to make it work lol. In my image menu, it says the first 4 images are 512 from a couple of days ago. Then the first one I uploaded today says 256. I must have somehow set it before I logged out last time but no idea how I did it. So two different resolutions in the same menu which seems to suggest changing the resolution needs to be done before uploading the images. However I can't seem to get it to work like that. Trying multiple versions of the same image and new different images. Tried reloading the game every time too, that doesn't seem to work either. Any help would be much appreciated :)

• Red, I've been trying since this new client came out to connect to my Server and it always says wrong version. I created the server using SteamCMD and the instructions on this forum a month or so ago. When I updated clients to the "posters" version they have never been able to connect.

I've run the SteamCMD update command for this (in the directory it is installed on my private server) like 10 times and it never works. Anyone have ideas on what to do?

This is my first time updating the server since its creation.

Vinnie

• red51 I think I'm doing something wrong here hehe. Everything is in single player. I seem to have set the resolution to 256x256 by typing 'setoption customimageresolution 256' but I don't know how it worked because it didn't seem to take effect until I loaded up the game 2 days later. The images were still 512 for that whole session after the commands. The command showed up as green text to I assume that means it's correct but it didn't do anything. 2 days later I placed an image and then realised it was 256 which was so strange. I didn't apply any commands on that day. I also tried 1024 resolution as well but haven't been able to get it to work yet. I must be doing it wrong. Do we enter the command, then upload the image? I have tried this many times but it hasn't worked. Or place the image and then focus on it and enter the command? I have tried so many different things but I have no idea how to make it work lol. In my image menu, it says the first 4 images are 512 from a couple of days ago. Then the first one I uploaded today says 256. I must have somehow set it before I logged out last time but no idea how I did it. So two different resolutions in the same menu which seems to suggest changing the resolution needs to be done before uploading the images. However I can't seem to get it to work like that. Trying multiple versions of the same image and new different images. Tried reloading the game every time too, that doesn't seem to work either. Any help would be much appreciated :)

RE: Update 0.6.7: Poster, Schilder und mehr Content

Try to change the resolution in the game properties, it works.^^

• They are a missing feature that I hope to see soon : the resource cost for blueprints in survival mode. Where it is on the list ? More on the top or on the bottom ?

It's still on our to-do list, but unfortunately I can't say for sure when this will be added :/

Since you will be working on npcs, if you think this could be done, it will be soo good to have some specific/eating/rest stences for animals, like cows laid down, seated pigs (as shown on the picture bellow), instead of being continuously wandering which is not very natural. It will be so immersive and cool :wow:

Actually animals do eat sometimes, but we definitely have more plans for improvements regarding animal behaviour ;) However, probably this will only happen after replacing the Java version on the store page...

I think I'm doing something wrong here hehe. Everything is in single player. I seem to have set the resolution to 256x256 by typing 'setoption customimageresolution 256' but I don't know how it worked because it didn't seem to take effect until I loaded up the game 2 days later. The images were still 512 for that whole session after the commands

Oh, sorry for the confusion, it looks like you can't change that during runtime :silenced: So right now the only way is to change that manually in the config.properties file (the Game_CustomImageResolution setting)... alternatively you can still use the "setoption" command, but then you also have to type "saveoptions" (to save it to the config file) and reload the world for the changes to take effect...

This only affects posters which are uploaded after changing the setting btw, it does not affect existing posters!

However, we'll change this with the next update, so you can also change this setting at runtime without having to restart the game :saint:

Red, I've been trying since this new client came out to connect to my Server and it always says wrong version. I created the server using SteamCMD and the instructions on this forum a month or so ago. When I updated clients to the "posters" version they have never been able to connect.

I've run the SteamCMD update command for this (in the directory it is installed on my private server) like 10 times and it never works. Anyone have ideas on what to do?

When using SteamCMD, it sometimes doesn't detect or download new updates unfortunately... but usually you can fix that by appending a validate parameter to the update command (i.e. app_update 339010 -beta unity validate) ;)

• When using SteamCMD, it sometimes doesn't detect or download new updates unfortunately... but usually you can fix that by appending a validate parameter to the update command (i.e. app_update 339010 -beta unity validate) ;)

I tried that. I appreciate the feedback, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I ensure the server isn't running, I execute SteamCMD inside the Rising World Unity server folder, and it says it updates (see screenshots below), yet when I launch the game (which is up to date) I get this error every time.

• I tried that. I appreciate the feedback, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I ensure the server isn't running, I execute SteamCMD inside the Rising World Unity server folder, and it says it updates (see screenshots below), yet when I launch the game (which is up to date) I get this error every time.

Hmm... is maybe your game outdated then for some reason? I have seen cases in the past where even the Steam client doesn't recognize new updates... :thinking:

The game version game be found in the lower left corner of the main menu (the latest version is 0.6.7.2). For the server, the version can be seen in the server console at the top in the server console (when starting the server) ;)

• Hmm... is maybe your game outdated then for some reason? I have seen cases in the past where even the Steam client doesn't recognize new updates... :thinking:

The game version game be found in the lower left corner of the main menu (the latest version is 0.6.7.2). For the server, the version can be seen in the server console at the top in the server console (when starting the server) ;)

It updated for the June 30th update. The Unity version exe has a date of 7-July-2023, but the version info shows older. I'll include a screenshot of both the Java version and the Unity version after the latest client update. I am not sure how to check the version on the server running on Ubuntu. Thanks for the help. I'd love to get this running again for my family. Such a great game.

• It updated for the June 30th update. The Unity version exe has a date of 7-July-2023, but the version info shows older. I'll include a screenshot of both the Java version and the Unity version after the latest client update. I am not sure how to check the version on the server running on Ubuntu. Thanks for the help. I'd love to get this running again for my family. Such a great game.

The first image is from the Java version (and can be ignored^^), but the 2nd image indicates that you already got the latest game version (0.6.7.2), which was indeed released on July 7 ;) So it's definitely the server which is causing the issue... you can also find the server version in the latest server log (there should be a "Logs" folder in the server directory). Maybe upload that log file here ;)

In case of doubt, you may also try to delete all server files (except the "Worlds" and "Permission" folder and the "server.properties" file) and update the server again.

• The first image is from the Java version (and can be ignored^^), but the 2nd image indicates that you already got the latest game version (0.6.7.2), which was indeed released on July 7 ;) So it's definitely the server which is causing the issue... you can also find the server version in the latest server log (there should be a "Logs" folder in the server directory). Maybe upload that log file here ;)

In case of doubt, you may also try to delete all server files (except the "Worlds" and "Permission" folder and the "server.properties" file) and update the server again.

Red, attaching the log file here. I obfuscated some of the data that would point out my accounts or IPs to prevent someone trying to hack my server or accounts. Hopefully, this is enough, and it does point out the incorrect version numbers. I believe I obfuscated the correct items. If I left any harmful stuff in the log, please let me know so I can remove it.

• Thanks for the log ;) The server is indeed running on the old version 0.6.5.1 (you can find that information at the very top of the log)... not sure why SteamCMD doesn't update it properly (even after adding the validate parameter) :thinking: I would recommend to try to delete the server files then, as described above (just keep the Worlds folder and maybe the "Permission" folder and the server.properties file), then run SteamCMD again.

• Thanks for the log ;) The server is indeed running on the old version 0.6.5.1 (you can find that information at the very top of the log)... not sure why SteamCMD doesn't update it properly (even after adding the validate parameter) :thinking: I would recommend to try to delete the server files then, as described above (just keep the Worlds folder and maybe the "Permission" folder and the server.properties file), then run SteamCMD again.

OK. I figured it out. My brain was the issue. I figured SteamCMD would update the directory I was in, seeing Rising World Unity Server already there. No. It was updating to the default location in ~/.local/shared. Ugh. I did the force_install_dir in SteamCMD and that worked. Thanks for your help, Red.

• OK. I figured it out. My brain was the issue. I figured SteamCMD would update the directory I was in, seeing Rising World Unity Server already there. No. It was updating to the default location in ~/.local/shared. Ugh. I did the force_install_dir in SteamCMD and that worked. Thanks for your help, Red.

Oh, I'm glad to hear it works now :D :thumbup:

• Maybe I'm doing something wrong but... how long does bread dough take to cook? Ore melts first... this bread should be evaporated into atoms by now, lol (been cooking for hours ingame). Or I'm doing it wrong somehow. :huh:

LOL so of course it finally cooked. Still seems like an awfully long time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!