Update 0.6.7: Posters, Signs and more Content

• Hi folks,

Another update is available now! It introduces posters, signs, new crafting stations and several new items and objects.

Posters enable you to upload custom images from your hard drive and place them in the world. Of course this also works in multiplayer, so other players can see these images. And of course you can also change the poster color. In addition to that, the new version also features "decals": they are similar to posters, but they're projected on the surface - this is quite handy if you want to place an image on an uneven surface, for example. You could use that for markings, or smaller details like fallen leaves on the ground etc.

c1.jpg

In addition to posters and decals, this update introduces several writable signs. A new features is that you can change both the font and font size, but you can also set an arbitrary font color. Signs support rich text, so you can set a different style or color for parts of your text.

Apart from posters and signs, this update adds a lot more content to the game: There are two new crafting stations - a grinder and paper press. The grinder is used to crush cloth to rags or certain other items (like coal or sulfur) to powder, while the paper press is used to turn rags into paper.

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

You can now find wheat, which spawns randomly in your world. Collect it and use a grinder to turn it into flour, which can then be used to create dough for bread or cookies. Fittingly, there is now a masonry oven to bake the dough.

Apart from various other new items (e.g. a bow and arrow, bomb etc) and objects (e.g. several new doors), this update finally introduces some headgear: A medieval miner's helmet and two modern helmets with a lamp. The handling for clothes isn't fully ready yet, so to wear them, rightclick on the item and select "Wear". When wearing any of these helmets, press L to enable the light.

c4.jpg

Last but not least this update contains several changes and bugfixes. We've reworked the color picker, fixed some multiplayer-related issues, and now the new version should finally work on Apple Silicon hardware again!

In addition to that, we've added new methods and made a lot of changes to the Plugin API - you can find the full changelog here: https://forum.rising-world.net/thread/12721

Stay tuned for the next updates! We'll now put a bigger focus on mounts, aggressive animals and biomes & caves :)

Changelog 0.6.7 (2023-06-30):

• [New] Posters, which enable you to place custom images from your hard drive in the world
    • [New] Decals, which act similar to posters, but align to uneven surfaces
    • [New] Writable signs, placard and text object
    • [New] Text editor for signs, including multiple fonts and rich text support
    • [New] New plant: wheat (including different growth stages)
    • [New] New crafting stations: paper press and grinder
    • [New] New cooking station: masonry oven (to bake bread)
    • [New] New ranged weapon: bow & arrow (including 3 types of arrows)
    • [New] New explosive items: bomb and explosive arrow (for bow)
    • [New] New items: paper and rags
    • [New] New food: baked steak, flour, dough, cookie and bread
    • [New] New gear: miner's helmet (medieval), 2 modern helmets and 2 modern helmets with a lamp
    • [New] Added 20 new doors, including glass doors and saloon doors
    • [New] Added several new music tracks
    • [New] New command "setofflineplayergroup" to set the permission group of offline players (multiplayer)
    • [New] New temporary command "undress" to remove all clothes (until proper handling is implemented)
    • [New] New command "rendernpcs" to render icons of all npcs
    • [Change] Updated to Unity 2022.2.21f1
    • [Change] Color picker now allows you to switch between HSV and RGB mode
    • [Change] Trash icon in inventory is now always visible in creative mode
    • [Change] The game now also detects regional languages (if you want to create custom localizations)
    • [Change] Changes to texture scale (in building menu) are now stored persistently
    • [Change] Increased timeout in loading screen (relevant when downloading lots of plugin assets when joining a server, for example)
    • [Change] Updated Steamworks SDK version (1.57)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong nametags in multiplayer (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that caused certain music tracks to never play
    • [Bugfix] Fixed blueprint permissions ("create" and "createown") not working (multiplayer)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that caused trees and other plants to not grow sometimes
    • [Bugfix] Fixed sporadic (and rare) error when joining a multiplayer server
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some issues with vehicle sync in multiplayer (still work-in-progress)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed underwater effect still being active after returning to the main menu
    • [Bugfix] Player should no longer get stuck when walking up scaffoldings
    • [Bugfix] Mac: Fixed engine crash on Apple Silicon (M1/M2)
    • [Bugfix] Mac: Fixed plugins not working correctly on MacOS

Hotfix (2023-07-01):

• [Change] Added "Back" button (to go one folder up) and "Pictures" button (shortcut to user "Pictures" folder) to file browser
    • [Change] File browser now remembers the last used folder
    • [Change] Changed button order in file browser
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "Computer" button in file browser not working
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing text on ore detector
    • [Bugfix] Picking up a decal no longer adds a poster item to the inventory
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong rotation of ores in smelting furnaces
    • [Bugfix] Added missing localization for paper press

Hotfix 0.6.7.1 (2023-07-01):

• [Change] Crafting a repeating rifle now requires gunpowder (temporary solution until proper ammo is implemented)
    • [Change] Crouched players are now harder to detect for animals
    • [Change] Changed damage dealt by arrows when hitting animals/npcs
    • [Change] Game now shows proper error messages if image upload fails (e.g due to permission)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed broken inventories (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash if the inventory contained an invalid item (need feedback)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issue that you couldn't edit area permissions if it contained an invalid player (i.e. a player that no longer exists in database)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed explosions sometimes not triggering
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some doors not being fully colored
    • [Bugfix] Other player IK no longer detects decals (in multiplayer)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing animation for some doors
    • [Bugfix] Fixed image upload indicator getting stuck
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some minor localization issues

Hotfix 0.6.7.2 (2023-07-06):

• [New] Added new object attributes (for "edit attribute" command): DisablePickup (to prevent object pickup) and DisableNormal (to disable the normal mapping)
    • [New] Added command "convertjavaimages" to convert old Java .cimg files to png/jpg
    • [Change] Hanging iron sign now displays text on both sides
    • [Change] Sped up ore smelting (while sleeping) now also affects the fuel of the furnace
    • [Change] Updated wooden door texture (now has planks on both sides)
    • [Change] Text editor now shows the sign texture as background (can be disabled in config.properties file, see "UseSignBackground")
    • [Change] Text object now has a small border if no text is set
    • [Change] If an animal panics, it now only affects other animals of the same type
    • [Bugfix] Fixed issues when placing blueprints (blueprint suddenly moving etc)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed arch doors no longer working if they were flipped/mirrored
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some doors being slightly bigger than 2x4 blocks
    • [Bugfix] Skewer/grill is now also added to your inventory when picking up the campfire
    • [Bugfix] Fixed animals sometimes getting stuck in the ground (warping up and down)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some movement related issues for animals
    • [Bugfix] Fixed dark main menu after returning to the menu while inside a cave
    • [Bugfix] Fixed poster place sound being audible everywhere in multiplayer
    • [Bugfix] Fixed some other minor sound issues

Hotfix 2023-07-07:

• [Change] Mattress now has a slightly bigger interaction radius (so it remains usable after hiding it inside a block)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed arch doors sometimes not having collision
    • [Bugfix] Fixed metal trashcan not being fully paintable
  • Thanks for your feedback yahwho ! :)

About the API, another user mentioned a similar issue :thinking: It's a weird issue, actually we didn't touch the JVM, but in his case, a plugin compiled with an older VM (JDK 15) was apparently used... do you mind creating a new topic for the issue? Could you maybe attach the server log or the error message that occurs (when loading the plugin)? Does your server use Windows or Linux?

• Hello red51

Great to see this update released ! :party:

Bow and arrows ... I can now, stop running over rabbits hahaa!! So cool, nice thank you :)

Now I will only wait for Horse, Wolves, Birds/Aigles (chasing rabbits/chickens maybe :thinking: ^^ ) , Crabs and Bandits :)

(also biomes and caves updates)

Anyway, thank you very much. And, as usual, keept it up, with the VERY good work ;):thumbup:

• GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB ;) FINALLY

:thumbup: From Old Artisan's Realm Server !

:D on Wild Frontiers Server now ! 8)

• Good evening red. I can't update the server. I upload the script, but in the list of servers in the game (there is already someone else's server with my IP, and the name is different).

The players were on the server 1 week ago, i.e. the problem is in the update? in screenshot 3, the server on top is mine, my IP,but the server name is not mine, the IP is the same on the hosting.

• Thanks for your feedback so far :)

Good evening red. I can't update the server. I upload the script, but in the list of servers in the game (there is already someone else's server with my IP, and the name is different).

Hmm... you refer to the "RW North" entries? There is definitely a server running behind it because it can be queried (145.239.139.236 and 51.195.61.181), i.e. it responds... but the response is identical, it looks like it's either the same server (that somehow bound to 2 IPs), or 2 server processes are running :thinking:

Do you mind sending me a server log (it can be found in the "Logs" folder in the server directory)?

I upload the script

What script do you mean exactly? ^^

• The hosting team offers to download the update script, and writes to me. After the script is loaded, a message appears, "the script is loaded, you can close the window." I am sending you 1 log before the update and 3 logs after the update

• Thanks for the logs! One of them was still waiting due to open ports, but the other logs throw this error: AddressInUseException: Port 4254 (UDP) is already in use!

This means that another process is already running on that port (only one process can bind to a port). Most likely it's an old server instance that hasn't been shut down correctly. Probably it's the server process that shows up in the server list (it has been running for more than 28 hours now) :thinking:

If you can't shut down the old server from the control panel (provided by your hoster), I'd recommend to contact support of the server hoster. That issue (the "AddressInUse" error) isn't directly related to the update or the server list, it's unfortunately a local server issue :/

• Thanks for the logs! One of them was still waiting due to open ports, but the other logs throw this error: AddressInUseException: Port 4254 (UDP) is already in use!

This means that another process is already running on that port (only one process can bind to a port). Most likely it's an old server instance that hasn't been shut down correctly. Probably it's the server process that shows up in the server list (it has been running for more than 28 hours now) :thinking:

If you can't shut down the old server from the control panel (provided by your hoster), I'd recommend to contact support of the server hoster. That issue (the "AddressInUse" error) isn't directly related to the update or the server list, it's unfortunately a local server issue :/

Oh, thank you red.

• Thanks for your kind words Juggernaut :)

A small hotfix is available now btw! It improves the file browser (for image selection for posters) and fixes some minor issues (e.g. the missing text on the ore detector). This is only a clientside update, so no need to update multiplayer servers ;)

Hotfix (2023-07-01):

• [Change] Added "Back" button (to go one folder up) and "Pictures" button (shortcut to user "Pictures" folder) to file browser
    • [Change] File browser now remembers the last used folder
    • [Change] Changed button order in file browser
    • [Bugfix] Fixed "Computer" button in file browser not working
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing text on ore detector
    • [Bugfix] Picking up a decal no longer adds a poster item to the inventory
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong rotation of ores in smelting furnaces
    • [Bugfix] Added missing localization for paper press
  • yes inventory completely missing on all my players, including me. Aso have an admin who cannot log in now, stuck at 10% loading screen and gets fatal error eventually. all others can load in fine.

Apparently my other admin was able to log in and play initially, then after a while, thats when players inventory went missing. Admin then decided to re-log, and now gets stuck at 10% loading screen and gets a fatal error. others can connect in fine. Seems to be correlated with hotfix ... inventory was fine, until a player got hotfix then inventory went missing (and connection issue on my admin)

Edit: upon further investigation, seems my admin 'Dreemacca' was stuck in a inventory sync loop. She even got an error message on her end to that effect 'generic inventory error'. As a quick fix to get her back on, i removed her character from the player.db and had her reconnect .. works now (fingers crossed)

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited 3 times, last by Juggernaut ().

• This issue indicates that something went wrong during world conversion :thinking: It's not related to the hotfix, basically this error appeared during the initial server start after the first update... unfortunately I have no idea what went wrong specifically. Apparently it's only affecting certain users (or servers), so I guess it's related to certain items in the inventory. Do you mind sending me a server log (or the most recent server logs since the update)? It would help me to find out what's wrong exactly :)

Are there also any missing objects in the game world (missing doors, torches etc)? Or does it only affect inventories? Are storages (chests etc) also affected?

Juggernaut About Dreemcca, the error she experienced was indeed caused by one (or more) invalid items in her inventory (according to her reports) :thinking: Unfortunately the clientside log contain no information about why that happened... if you could send me a server log, that would be very helpful ;)

• some feedback/bug repport :

Saloon door can only be resized on width not on height

Maybe a small adjustment could be done, for fleeing animals, maybe reducing a little bit the distance detection when you are crouch would be a good hint imo ^^

A small idea, could be a consumption of 1 gunpowder to use the riffle until we get bullets :)

And finally if possible to you to explain, I would like to know, how much damage do a stone arrow in comparison to an iron arrow? Also want to know if you target the body or the head will it deal the same damage or is it different? If you can explain a little bit would be cool ^^

EDIT: I forgot something, since we have now different chests, could we get differents capacities for them, some of them that can contain more items than others

Thank you anyway and congratz again, for your amazing work

• Saloon door can only be resized on width not on height

We'll probably change that with the next update :)

Maybe a small adjustment could be done, for fleeing animals, maybe reducing a little bit the distance detection when you are crouch would be a good hint imo ^^

Good point, we'll change that :thumbup:

A small idea, could be a consumption of 1 gunpowder to use the riffle until we get bullets :)

Probably it's not a bad idea to add some gunpowder as requirement for the rifle, at least until proper ammo is available :saint:

I would like to know, how much damage do a stone arrow in comparison to an iron arrow?

Right now it deals 40 damage while the iron arrow deals 50 damage, but we'll change that with the next hotfix. The primitive arrow will then deal 50 damage while the iron arrow will deal 70 damage ;)

Also want to know if you target the body or the head will it deal the same damage or is it different?

Headshots (indicated by a red hit marker) multiplies the damage by factor 10, so it's almost always deadly ^^

EDIT: I forgot something, since we have now different chests, could we get differents capacities for them, some of them that can contain more items than others

Since the chests have the same dimensions, we decided to have the same capacities for them... only the leather trunk has less room for items (and the storage that can be attached to rowboats)^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!