Posts by yahwho

since all our native references and pointers wouldn't be valid anymore.

Yea I guess that would cause an 'slight' problem!

In most cases there is almost never a situation you actually have to recreate a VM after destroying it

I guess that explains why a 20 yo 'bug' has never been fixed! ^^

This would add a massive degree of complexity :wat: The API already got a lot complexer in the new version due to the communication between Java and the native side (via JNI). Right now the native part alone is more than 10k lines of code

Without any ale in my system, thinking more clearly about it, yes that would mean writing code - for - every - single - getter - setter - constructor- and his aunt. And then every time one was added or changed. I do like creating work but this now sounds ridiculous! :D

Best stick to Plan A! :saint:

Have a Happy Easter red51 :thumbup:

I've not looked too much into this yet (it is Saturday night after all :) ), but couldn't you just start a JVM with the JNI that then creates a new JVM as needed?

That would mitigate the segmentation fault? As the JVM started by the JNI would never be destroyed?

Use the first JVM as a kind of bridge/ interface?

Well here is my backend RCON tool

The 'master' Java application launched new 'slave' JVMs for the server using a ProcessBuilder, the StreamGobbler then effectively Tee's off the Output Stream and pushed the results to the GUI's ServerMonitor.

I can then easily stop and start new slave JVMs from one master. I suppose if I spent more time on it I could automate the process. But with work and my new server plugin this has taken a backseat.

Not to mention there is no gap buffer yet on my ServerMonitor so the master still needs restarting now and then as the StreamGobbler just appends the results

I dunno, maybe something like this would solve the problem?

Hi Red,

I run MR on a dedicated Windows server, I assume it will be possible to run both the unity server and the new version at the same time?

Also, will the new version have any automatic restart functionally. I've had to manually restart MR ever morning for the last few... years... :dizzy: as for some reason or another the Task Scheduler wouldn't reliably start the server script after shutting the server down. Which is odd because I use TS at work for running scripts and that always works. *shrugs*

got my brother and I an Amiga

What Amiga did/do you have? I have got my Amiga 600 still, sitting not too far from me as I type, in the original box and still works :thumbup:

My No. 1 game on the Amiga was Secret of Money Island (in fact I still play it now and then :D) I even have some art prints of the game in my office :nerd:

Never played Blood Money, but I know the tune very well. "It's all about the blood, moooooney" hehe maybe I should find myself a copy "The biggest unanswered question is; where is the money:?:"

I used to love going to the arcades when I was a kid.

Loved Desert Tank, mainly because you got to sit in a "tank" that rocked around as you moved. Insane graphics too "300,000 polygons a second" :D (PS4 does 1.6 billion polygons per sec).

027fbe03b3e351ae355c7cd0e0dc96a4.jpg

Might have been suggested before. But I see a lot of players using flags.

A animated flag which you could apply a texture to might look nice :thumbup:

Or, whatever a NPC destroys is logged by the server.

I meant as in record the data for each pnb destroyed by an NPC.

If the NPC destroyed 50 pnbs the cost would be x to repair, if the NPC destroyed 200 pnb it would be x * 4 to repair.

The servers' already keep track of the location of each pnb and associated texture. It wouldn't take a huge leap to record destroyed pnb via NPCs (up to a max "undos") and then charge for their replacement.

Or, whatever a NPC destroys is logged by the server.

So that a repair option is available that will cost resources.

Remember C&C with the repair tool on buildings that cost currency?

Hi MrEd,

Please list all the plugins you have installed and include a complete log file.

Your screenshot does not include the top of the error stack (which is the bit that we need).

hallo MrEd

Bitte listen Sie alle von Ihnen installierten Plugins auf und fügen Sie eine vollständige Protokolldatei bei.

Ihr Screenshot enthält nicht den oberen Rand des Fehlerstapels (das ist das Bit, das wir benötigen).