Posts by Juggernaut

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!

xynix

try disabling volumetric clouds or set to low to see if it helps

also did you change the FOV setting? default is 80

also if you have any overclocks running, try temporarily disabling those overclocks and see if it helps. I had an OC on my RAM that was causing a problem (OC higher than XMP) ... using XMP instead resolved my issue.

just some thoughts

when I equip the map, I just get a crash to destop for no reason?

I also get this problem but most people don't. I also get the problem if someone is rendered on my screen and opens the maps (will freeze then eventually CTD with no error -- I often have to end task).

Are you using an Intel GPU by chance?

I'm running an Intel A770 16GB FE -- using Vulkan (DXVK) and may have something to do with this, still investigating

CoenyRW

Can't loot armor yet but can acquire. But it has to be done via command as admin currently (not yet craftable). e.g. in console type: item barbarian_top1 (can see in definitions.db file all clothes - see screenshot)

Red51, Is it posseble to wear the clothes of the bandits and barbarian? Cuz I really like their armor!

Yes you can! But it has to be done via command as admin currently (not yet craftable). e.g. in console type: item barbarian_top1 (can see in definitions.db file all clothes - see screenshot)

thanks Red!! this is great!!

my only issue is opening map crashes my game (had to end task). Seems like im the only one having the issue and suspect it may because im using an INtel GPU (not integrated, A770 16GB - using Vulkan API currently).

*Edit: if another player opens map while they are rendered on my screen, i see a white paper in their hand and game freezes for me also (repeatable). Verified files, all good. will update driver soon and report back,

Other issue i notice is NPC will often lose their animation in their legs. like they are on ice , sliding .. eventually corrects it self then comes back. I'll try updating driver and will update this post if I can correct it.

player body bug still lives (gets all stretched sometimes and bounces away) less frequent now though

A server (RW) restart is the only thing that fixes it (temporarily).

This tells me it's a memory allocation issue. Also consider, still some core memory leaks remain until the game is better optimized (not to mention plugin related).

All we can do for now is more frequent restarts and fine tuning of memory related settings.

You could try running your unity server bare metal vs VM to see if that is the issue (and / or make sure VM is allocated enough RAM to run both).

I've noticed RAM server usage goes up approx 1GB+ for each player connected FYI --- (memory leak would mean often times when they disconnect those resources are not always released)

Settings_ChunkLifeSpan=2400

you may want t lower this to '240' not '2400' and could be the problem. :D Default is 120!

The players are connecting (that's what happens up to 10%) but are not being authenticated. This does not happen all the time, it can happen a couple of times a day, or be fine for days on end.

I just had to up my old java server some more 2 days ago for the same exact reason. 10% load issue .. even though the server showed low utilization. was fine for a month or two prior. Although, more players are actively on my java server lately thus requires more allocation. remember, memory leaks are a thing too.

Has anyone else had this 10% load issue for players? It's becoming a real pain.

Only time I've had this issue is because not enough memory is allocated for the server (in java)

Adding additional 2048 via server.properties usually fixes it.

Reboot will work also but only temporarily until you up the allocation.

In unity, the memory is handled a lil different (not just 1 setting like java). Here is a snippet of what I use (in server-properties):

# Amount of seconds until an unused chunk gets disposed. Low values reduce memory consumption, high values improve performance

Settings_ChunkLifeSpan=120

# If true, the database runs in RAM (faster) and is only stored periodically on disc. Increases memory usage (default = false)

Database_InMemory=True

MAYBE TRY INCREASING THIS ONE BELOW FOR YOUR PLUGINS:

# Amount of heap memory (MB) for the Java VM. Default: 1024

Plugins_Memory=4096

It looks like this permission is unused :wat: Instead there is a setting Settings_PlayerListShowDistance in the server.properties file (which should work). Not sure if we should keep the permission, too (maybe the server setting is sufficient for that?)

Yes I am aware of the server.properties ... was hoping to just disable for certain permission groups I have setup, not for all. thanks

Not condoning what Bozbird did, but, Tarkus0 instead, why not properly lock down your server? You can make it so no signs can be edited unless they own them inside their claims. Can prevent them from using BPs ... or even if they do use BP can lock to inside claim only. Can also make it so they cannot BP any structure they do not own. Instead of complaining about what some kids do, explain how you stop it. Start with default.json .. make sure u lock everything you don't want them using. Create groups, create guest permissions for claims etc. and TEST, have regular players help you test it is locked down proper vs finding out the hard way by some immature child on an ego trip. no offense, just my 2 cents, been hosting game servers off and on for decades.

yes it was also Bozbird who spammed blueprints in unwanted areas on my own server

How is this possible if you have blueprints properly locked down via default.json? I know with vanilla claim protection I have default permissions set to all of them (via Guest permissions which is a copy of default.json), so if they are not owner, it's default.json (no BPs etc)

Regardless, was a crappy thing what Bozbird did. But it's ultimately on us if we leave the doors unlocked, players like Boz will exploit and create a mess, like a child.

So the protection is quasi group related and not area related?

1st we have default permissions (default.json) which applies to all. We have group permissions which apply to anyone in that group (make a file with a group name your want e.g. newgrouper.json -- you can then add yourself to this 'group' if newgrouper.json resides in group folder). We also have area permissions, which apply within the area only. Area permissions will have higher priority over group and default permissions and reside in 'areas' folder. But you 1st must make your group/area json files .. before you can add players to group or area permissions. If you dont make any area or group permission files (those folders are empty by default), then everyone is just using default.json. default >>> group >>> areas

resolved. was a static water pond / handmade .. when flowing water was used, was flowing out the stream on other side.

Thanks for the update red51 Just wanted to report the riding mount not rendering proper for onlookers is still out of sync (they don't see me riding the actual horse, nor do i see them. the horse stays put, when they mount they stand straight up inside horse and not on top .. then their character moves along as they ride but the horse remains still). I'm sure you are aware but wanted to make sure. thanks again for the hotfixes!!