Posts by jackobrian

This is of course Red51's desire. He wants to get the game parallel so he can then force Java onto the backseat allowing Unity to take things from that point onwards.

In fact, I understood that he would like to focus first on NPCs, biomes and caves... But I think that having at least the basics of NPCs (bandits) would be enough to change the unity version to main.

I understand that there is still a lot to bring to the Unity version, but this can be done gradually and at the same time bring new features with each update, but just as important as this would be to deliver updates faster (even if they were smaller updates).

I am pretty sure a lot of the resources from java are not in the new game to find out in the world? Or am I wrong?

I really miss the map, which if I'm not mistaken hasn't been implemented yet. Even though I already have the compass, I get lost a lot. I know there's a command to return home, but it's not the same thing, it looks creative game and not survival.

And I didn't find some biomes, something that might be a savanna with lions, elephants...

I can't find some ores, I played little, I admit, but I only find iron, aluminum and tugsten.

I see water, but if I'm not mistaken you still can't use it for watering, for example.

There are no hostiles and I believe there are no pre-generated caves at the moment, but I admit I'm kind of grateful for the lack of hostiles XD.

Another thing, why not consider the unity version as the main version as soon as it has at least hostile NPCs? And keep Java as a legacy version for those who want to continue having access to old items? This way, each update could bring a part with old java things and another with new things to focus on new players.

NPCs like vendors or characters that say random things and seem to live walking around areas predicted to be generated as small villages would be very interesting.

Hostile NPCs, be they bandits or aggressive animals would be interesting, even though I honestly don't like the combat mode and think they appear out of nowhere, without making any fuss.

It doesn't seem like Rising World, but I miss a "story mode"... things to discover... clues of things to do... puzzles... places to go... items of quest to collect. New biomes with previously generated themed buildings can help with this.

If Rising World could create its own theme, its own fiction, with this script working, it would help a lot to attract the attention of new players.

I arrived at Rising World because of a very old and abandoned game called Wurm Unlimited (or Wurm Online), I know other players who also arrived here because of it... It leaves you free, just like Rising World, but it has a pantheon of gods, kingdoms with their own themes that may or may not be applied to the servers, magical items and a story that only God knows if it leads somewhere, hehe... But this could have worked 1000 times better in a game that is still alive and constantly growing.

Oh, actually the \u00AD character is a soft-hyphen. It just indicates a possible hyphenation position. More precisely, it tells the game where it is valid to break up a word. For instance, if "Sledgehammer" is too long for a label and we don't provide the soft hyphen character, the game may end up writing "Sledgehamm-er" or "Slegeham-mer" or something like that. If the word is "Sledge\u00ADhammer" instead, it will still be shown as "Sledgehammer", but if the word doesn't fit, the game turns it into "Sledge-hammer"

I understand about the "soft-hyphen", so I think I have to change my translations to real hyphens XD.

There is no string to translate this message in language file.

----------------------

The gamemode string is not applied to this item... In pt-br, Survival would be replaced by Survival.

------------------------

On the Rename world screen, when entering an invalid name ($%), the game should call "message.mainmenu.sp.worldnameinvalid" or change string in the translation file from "worldnameinvalid" to "worldexistsorinvalidname". Just in case, I created this new string and translated it into the PT-BR version.

--------------------

I noticed that on the world creation screen, when creating a world with an already used or invalid name, it doesn't allow me to proceed (which is correct), but it doesn't show any error message (messages which already exists and could be applied). I don't know if It was supposed to be like that, but just to let you know.

red51

The rabbits stretched out like that on the ground in the sun... Now I know why rabbits make so many babies, hahaha.... sexy bunnies XD...

As for combat, I am sincerely afraid that the combat is just as bad as the original version.

- NPCs appear out of nowhere

- It's almost always too dark (at night in the wild)

- Bandits always travel in groups and combat is even more complicated for that.

I think I have a greater difficulty in first person combat, but the original rising world is extremely more complicated than other games I've had the opportunity to play, which leads me to disable the bandits in single player.

Well, basically there is no specific use-case for black wool, so it just turns into the same type of yarn (more precisely, there is just a generic type of yarn). Similar to how all different tree log pieces turn into the same wood ^^

Here's something I do so automatically that I didn't even notice that the types of wood don't go together in the same pile.

#Sugestion

Ore Detector Ui helper indicate that "Mouse Left" changes the ore target... but the same also happens with Mouse Right...

the same happens with animal gutting action that indicates Mouse Left but also works with Mouse Right... I don't think this is a problem, but maybe it could just change to Mouse Click on the message or maybe quote both buttons.

#Bug
    Black Wool has the same image as White Wool when a container is opened for the first time after loading (test done in single player)... The image is updated when trying to move and add it to the white stack.

#Bugs or implementation pending?
    Black and White Wool have the same name (Wool), they produce the same type of Yarn (does not distinguish color and join in the same stack) but Wools of different colors do not join in the same stack.. It would not be ideal to have a Black Yarn , or remove Black Wool? I imagine this will change in the future, I don't have much knowledge of the non-unity version, but as it stands it looks like implementation is still on the way.

Unity 0.6.7 Considerations

# Fix Needed??

## Does not seem to work

ui.help.items.bow aim... because when the bow is in hand the helper does not appear indicating that it is possible to aim.

ui.help.items.torch.unlight... since when the torch is lit this helper does not appear indicating that it is possible to unlight.

## Not used

Even though no image has been uploaded for use in the poster, the messages below never appear.

ui.poster.screen.postercontainer.topcontainer.centercontainer.grid.emptyposternotelabel

ui.poster.screen.postercontainer.topcontainer.centercontainer.headercontainer.header

## Fast? Or not used?

ui.poster.uploadindicator ... it never appears, but in my case it could be because the upload is too fast and there is no need for a loading message.

## Sugestions

When eating a Baked Meat the game takes advantage of the message.consume.steak, wouldn't it be better to create a specific message to maintain the default?? (menssage.consume.steakbaked)

## Not Translated
    On the image upload screen it looks like the "Select" and "Close" buttons don't have a string available for translation.

Hemp or Wool > Loom > Makes reel > Reel to cloth > smash cloth up with grinder > get rags > rags in press > makes paper > make poster > sell on eBay (other online marketplaces available)

As I said before, the unity version doesn't have Loom... But the following sequence worked...

Wool > Yarn > Coarse Cloth > Rags > Paper

Wool in Spinning Wheel = Yarn

Yarn in Workbench = Coarse Cloth

Coarse Cloth in Grinder = Rags

Rags in Paper Press = Paper

Thanks for the grinder tip, that was the missing point and killed the charade =P... In the videos I found about the old version (non-unity), it involved putting water in the press with a bucket, but there is no bucket in the unity version and watering can doesn't seem to do anything at the moment.