Posts by fyredraken

When I try to start the server using the script I get the following error

Code
    :~/Downloads/server$ sh ./linux_startscript.sh
    ./linux_startscript.sh: 13: ./linux_startscript.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

If I try to start the server straight from the jar file I get the following:

I have followed the instructions at UPDATED: Linux Dedicated Server Startup Guide

what do I need to do to get this running? I'm using java 8 on an ubuntu 14.10 system.

If you're using the Steam version and Java is causing trouble, try to enable the latest nightly (rightclick on rising world -> properties -> betas -> nightly 29.12 win 8 fix + own JVM). It uses an own JVM, so it should not matter what version is installed on your computer.

I have tried all the tricks in the steam forums to get this game running under Windows 8.1 x64. Nothing has worked, I start the game, the java window opens and I get the error that the program has stopped working. I have the option of closing the program or checking online for a solution. All my drivers are current and up to date. Have tried the nightly build, only one available is fullscreen fix 25.01. I am not able to remove it from full screen as the game never loads to a menu. config.properties file doesn't exist in my game folder nor does any log files. have tried reinstalling both the game and java to no avail. Have tried forcing window mode with the steam start option -sw. What do I need to do to get this to run under windows? Runs perfect under ubuntu. Have tried the nightly build and it didn't fix it.

Machine info
    Windows 8.1
    8 gig ram
    AMD A8-6500APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.50 GHZ
    Java version 1.8.0_25
    Java SE Runtime 1.8.0_25-b18
    Java HotSpot 64 bit server vm 25.25-b02, mixed mode