Animals and Farming

• Hello everyone!

My name is Stix and I'm new to the community. It was completely by chance that I stumbled upon this game, but it fits my creative needs to sort of design and create realistically. I still haven't played the game, though I do plan on purchasing it in it' alpha stage on Steam, but before I do I just had a few questions/suggestions for anyone willing to answer. Firstly, after viewing the website and the forums I'm still left with an unclear idea on how you envision the finished product of the game to be. I know there are features that you are working on and some you plan to work on in the future, but other than this there is no set or clear BIG picture. This might be partly due to the fact that the community might play a major role in how it turns out, but on a personal level I want to know how the developers are envisioning it.

Moving on, I've gotten word that a farming system will eventually be implemented? I was curious as to whether or not this would include the animals of Rising World. Instead of only hunting them, being able to capture the wild hogs or goats, or whatever, to start a breeding herd and production farm. I think that would be pretty cool. Of course that would only work with a merchant system in place so that meat, fur, milk, mounts or whatever animal products can be obtained from the animals may be sold to other players. However, even without it small farms could be started so that an individual doesn't have to go hunting if they so desire. Instead they could just raise the animals for their own personal use rather than financial gain. It's probably a long shot from the huge list of things you guys are already working on/ have planned, but I think it would be a nice feature to add if you're already going to delve into farming and fishing.

Side Note: I apologize if my post is repetitive or placed in the wrong thread or section =X

• Welcome to the forum.

"We" have no idea how the game will end up. Only the developers have (a probably rough) idea. As you said, maybe the "community" will have a lot of input... as long as it fits in with the developer's Big Picture, of course.

As for the "merchant system"- personally I don't see it. Currency (needed for a merchant system) will never work. You don't need a "merchant system" at all because the "barter system" will always win out. I can't wait for the farming part though.

• Yeah to get a big picture kind of answer isn't really going to happen. It's been asked before. Best I could do is tell ya to look at the features page on the website to get an idea of what they plan on doing. But of course that can change too. Plus, just read through the suggestions section to see what is most wanted etc.. you will find some responses in there from the devs regarding some things.

And yeah, the community has some say, without pleasing the players.. well there won't be any lol

Livestock. To my knowledge the devs have only said they plan on having dogs you can tame. The community has talked about farming and would like it for the most part. I sure hope for it.

I agree there shouldn't be a set economy, like things have a set value and we use coins (although I did think it would be cool to craft coins with gold).. as Geneo said, the barter system will work best. But some of the community has talked about being able to mine and/or pan for gold. This could be used to trade for items if people want it, but so could steel.... Gold could also be used for crafting rings and amulets etc.. or (just thought of this now) wire connectors for better conductivity.

There has been talk also of NPC villages and if that happens, no doubt we would be able to trade with them in some way and maybe they would accept gold, but again maybe steel.. or the muffins you made, or copper wire spools... or nice furniture. (I hope for this kind of thing)

Best big picture description I've seen is from the community, and I've made this myself, it's is saying Rising World is what Minecraft should have been. I don't mean a copy, or replacement. I mean what it should have been. There are some serious differences (good ones) between RW and MC. I don't believe the devs are trying to remake MC in any way. But it really feels like what Minecraft should have been... if that makes sense haha

Anyways, if you like to build, you will currently enjoy the game. Welcome!

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!