Simple horse stable - Roofing

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • Hi guys & ladies

I need some tips from the roof builder pro's please. I have made the stable this far with some help of friends here. However the roof seems to beat me as I tried to make it the same as the side walls in the Pic Stable frame 3 instead using a different colour plank (I am supposed to use corrugated iron but we don't have that yet :)

The problem however is that the planks (Grid on / off) doesn't fit nicely on the beams in a position to overlap the next one. They are supposed to overlap from the left of the pic to the right.

Sorry about asking so many things in the forum but I am more PVE / PVP than a Construction guy :)

Any assist much appreciated.

If I actually manage to finish this I will make it available as a blueprint for you guys.

Many thanx

SARS

• For a beginner the stable looks great. ^^

A little bit overlapping of the roof is normally wanted. If not, fix it and move it manually, or you have to shorten the planks/beams. You can use the size command to receive a great roof.

That system saves a lot of resssources and you can choose the thickness of the bricks. You also could fix a plank or beam and pull it in the desired direction. You can close gaps with +/- key.

I personnally use F6 to choose the best texture for me. That works also with the blockbench or pnb-plugin.

• Hi Guys,

Yes Deirdre I had to shorten the upright beams because it just looks weird peeking through the corrugated iron :D The roof sheeting was a mission on its own... I did get it to overlap a bit on the sides but not in the back. After hours of trying to place panels with grid on / grid off and using the sheet as a blueprint I finally gave up. The patterns on the sheets / planks representing corrugated iron never aligns.

Finally I just started over and left click and drag the sheet / plank. You will see the seems were the sheets meet is not 100% but thats the closest I can get it :D

Many thanx for your help!

SARS

• But that works. pull your wooden plank or use the size command. the gap in the picture is only for demonstration.

I fixed the two top rows with "Enter" and then dragged to the right.

To pull, hold down the left mouse button and drag horizontally or vertically. Gaps remove with +/+. With grid or without, it works.

It also works with different sizes of a woodplank that you string together. you should try it out. ^^

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!