999 ping, players can't connect

• Steam or Standalone?
    Steam
    Singleplayer or multiplayer?
    Multiplayer
    Operating system
    Windows

Been hosting for a long time. Nothing has changed. Server is listed but with 999 ping for players. Port Forwards are still setup correct on router (4254:4259) to same static IP (server). updated and reset router AND modem AND server .. same problem still exists. Internet connection is working fine, I can browse, speedtests are fine, playing online games are fine. Added windows firewall rules to see if that is it, no dice :( (manually opened 4254:4259). Steam, rising world, dedicated server all added to avast exception list. I'm at a loss. I'm able to join my server fine, but it's on my LAN. Other players see 999 ping and can't connect. *EDIT* Issue resolved, see below

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

Edited once, last by Juggernaut ().

• try running a traceroute to see if there is something in the routing table that is causing an issue. (if there are high pings 3 or 4 routes down the line you cant fix that but at least you know its not your network) I had the same problem a few days ago and it turned out to be internet congestion probably do the the CV issue going on around the world. With so many people staying home with nothing to do but play on the web there are bound to be slowdowns.

• Issue resolved. Turned out to be an issue with my ISP on one of their subnets. They were clueless, so had to implement a workaround using MAC cloning on my router to trick their gear to place me into a different subnet, which now works fine. Connections are now working again, no more 999 etc.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!