• Steam or Standalone?
    Steam
    Singleplayer or multiplayer?
    Singleplayer + Multiplayer
    Error message?
    No
    Operating system
    Windows

Is there a way to backtrack a crash? I was traveling by horse and my sound went out a few times and when I went into the menues the game crashed. I reopened the game and my mouse will not switch to the game screen. When I finally got into the game my horse and everything i went 3 in game days north for by horse, was gone. My mouse will still not switch to the game when I log into it and try to play.

• There should be a report file like this "report_1558568236413.log" in your rising world folder you can open it with notepad to check the error plus unplug your mouse and plug it back in sometimes that helps

The only version I use is 0.9.5.7 for me I get no crashes and it's very stable but the other version 0.9.6 there is a lot of bugs for one I can't create a new game I have to load one of my saved games from 0.9.5.7 to get it to work then I get red text on the main play screen that said it can't save so I just stick to 0.9.5.7

• I thank you for your answer. I left the game off and played other things for several hours and just now loaded it back up and everything worked fine. I'm still missing my horse and everything I collected over those hours. But I guess I'll just f2 and fly back home to start all of that over again. Again, thank you for the help.:)

• Is there a way to backtrack a crash?

In case you run into a crash, there should be either a file called "errorlog" or "hs_err_pid" (in case of a native crash) in your game directory. If no error dialog showed up, it's likely a native crash (so there should be a hs_err_pid file in your game directory).

Native crashes are usually caused by the graphics driver, but to find out what really happened, the hs_err_pid file would be very helpful :)

When I finally got into the game my horse and everything i went 3 in game days north for by horse, was gone

Usually the horse isn't gone in situations like that, it's just at another location. The game stores world data separately (to keep the impact on performance low). For instance, the player data gets stored every ~ 10 seconds, while npc data is stored every 15 seconds. If you run into a crash, there is a chance the player data was just updated, but not yet the npc data (so the horse is still at the same position where it was 5-10 seconds before).

My mouse will still not switch to the game when I log into it and try to play.

Hmm... does that mean the game does not receive any mouse input, or is the cursor just missing (or maybe even always visible)?

One thing you could try is to change the display mode in the graphics settings: If it's set to "Fullscreen Windowed", you can try to change it to "Fullscreen" (which is an exclusive fullscreen mode) or vice versa.

the other version 0.9.6 there is a lot of bugs for one I can't create a new game

Hmm... I can't confirm that :wat: There haven't been that many bug reports after the 0.9.6 release :thinking: If you experience any bugs, it would be helpful if you create a new topic in our forums ;)

I get red text on the main play screen that said it can't save

This text indicates that something locks the world files so the game cannot access them (therefore it's unable to save the world data). This is almost never caused by the game itself, instead this usually happens if there is an antivirus program (or any other program) which prevents the game from accessing the world files, or if the world files are corrupted.

This may also happen when using plugins which access the world database improperly, for example.

• I will have another look at version 0.9.6 soon starting from scratch i.e New install when I get more time I'm just busy with a Big project in rising world i.e Blueprints for the Dishong Tower 13 floors office building this is from another game 7 days to die I'm recreating the 3 tallest buildings from that game

Usually the horse isn't gone in situations like that, it's just at another location. The game stores world data separately (to keep the impact on performance low). For instance, the player data gets stored every ~ 10 seconds, while npc data is stored every 15 seconds. If you run into a crash, there is a chance the player data was just updated, but not yet the npc data (so the horse is still at the same position where it was 5-10 seconds before).

I have looked everywhere in that whole area and the horse is just gone. It's okay, I'm looking for a partner to start a new world with and do a youtube series.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!