World Generation, Multiplayer, and API

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)
  • Please correct me if I am wrong.

But as far as I am aware the next update is for multiplayer capability, at which point world generation will still not be complete. World generation will be the update after the multiplayer one.

I therefore imagine, the multiplayer will be within the demo world we've so far been used to. Which will give us an opportunity to maybe play with the new API? Or will it be a multiplayer without any API to start with?

I am wondering how many world resets new multiplayer servers may need to encounter to start with. . .

• But as far as I am aware the next update is for multiplayer capability, at which point world generation will still not be complete. World generation will be the update after the multiplayer one.

Yes indeed, this is the plan ;)

Which will give us an opportunity to maybe play with the new API? Or will it be a multiplayer without any API to start with?

I'm not sure if the API will be available with the first MP update... some important parts are still missing :/

I am wondering how many world resets new multiplayer servers may need to encounter to start with. . .

We're trying to keep the current world compatible with future versions. After the world generation update, you definitely don't have to worry about world incompatibilities, but it's very likely that the current world will also stay compatible.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!