How to download another RW DS for Unity Version server using SteamCMD on Linux?

• Hi all!
    I am wondering how one goes about downloading another RW DS, so that the unity version can be run alongside the old version. I am attempting to do this on a VPS (6 cores, 8 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD), Ubuntu 20.04 (no GUI)

I have been having no luck, with tutorials, or anything. Any help to figure this out is greatly appreciated!
    Thank you very much in advance!

• Basically you can run as many RW server instances on your machine as you want, just make sure they are located in separate folders and they use different ports: The new version uses ports 4254 and 4255 by default (or more precisely, the server port which is set in the server.properties file + serverport-1), while the Java version uses ports 4254-4259 by default (serverport-1 to serverport+4). So if you set port 4255 for the Java server (it then uses 4254, 4255, 4256, 4257, 4258 and 4259), you could set port 4261 for the new version (it then uses 4260 and 4261).

This topic contains more information about setting up a Java server: https://forum.rising-world.net/thread/8075

And this topic provides more information about the new version: https://forum.rising-world.net/thread/11490

If you run into any issues when setting up the server(s), please let us know :)

• Howdy Red! Thanks for the quick response! : D
    I've managed to change the directory, but no RW server files actually get downloaded in to them. I have copy pasted stuff from my SteamCMD, which shows the files were downloaded, but... they aren't?:

Thank you very much for your help!

• Hi Again! :D
    I managed to get it installed, I had to login to my Steam account which owns the game - login anonymous doesn't work.
    Thank you to Red51 for taking the time to view my post & respond! It is greatly appreciated! :D

• Yeah, unfortunately the new version depots are not yet part of the Anonymous Dedicated Server package. Unfortunately this isn't something we can change on our end, but we've already contacted Valve about this issue. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon ;)

Until this issue is fixed, it is necessary to login to a Steam account which owns the game^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!