Terrain disappearing

• So I was playing around with the area select/fill tool in creative mode. Then after a few mistakes creating large blocks of thee wrong thing, I used the raise/lower tool to lower the terrain. And then after that, every time I look at the area I edited, the whole screen goes black. Not even the terrain around it will render. The world is completely unusable now because turning to look at that area will make everything go black.

I don't know if this is something the log catches, but.... here it is.

Files

If I respond in German, sorry for bad grammar. I don't speak German, but I do speak Google Translate. The community seems too nice to stay away!

----

Wenn ich auf Deutsch antworte, entschuldige ich für jede schlechte Grammatik. Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber ich spreche Google Translate. Die Gemeinde scheint zu schön, nicht zu bleiben!

• Thanks for the log! It looks like one of the terrain meshes was malformed, resulting in a rendering error :thinking: Do you mind sending me the world via email (if it's not too big), so I can take a closer look at the terrain mesh? Please send it to support@jiw-games.net

You could try to solve this issue by opening the config.properties file with a text editor and set Graphic_StopNaNs to true, then save the file and run the game again. Does it work then?

• Oh, yeah, that definitely stops the black screen! Thanks! I might be able to rewrite the terrain into something not malformed, then? Also, I sent the world via email on a zip file just now.

If I respond in German, sorry for bad grammar. I don't speak German, but I do speak Google Translate. The community seems too nice to stay away!

----

Wenn ich auf Deutsch antworte, entschuldige ich für jede schlechte Grammatik. Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber ich spreche Google Translate. Die Gemeinde scheint zu schön, nicht zu bleiben!

• Thanks a lot for the world file :) I will take a closer look at why the terrain mesh was corrupted.

The problem about this issue is that it's difficult to detect such issues... when it happens, the game typically isn't aware of it. But we can add safety checks to make sure the game does not generate malformed terrain meshes in the first place (that's why the world file is definitely helpful for us to reproduce this issue) ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!