Is basic shelter/tent broken?

• When I try to sleep I end up in the tent with the 'tunnel vision' oval-shaped view but I don't actually sleep - I can still look around and even craft stuff and the 'Zzz' shows up if I look around at the inside of the tent although it does nothing. I can't get out of that state unless I pack up the tent. Maybe I just don't understand how it works?

• Sleeping should only work if it's night (or late evening) - then you can skip the night.

Basically you should be able to leave the tent by pressing ESC or by using the interaction key if the Zzz icon shows up (when looking at the tent) :)

About the crafting menu, maybe it's better if we disable it while lying in a tent :D

• Yep, I understand when you can sleep but as 'tiredness' isn't implemented why can't I sleep during the day? For example, I might be working on lighting my build and doing that at night might be easier.

There's something a bit confusing about the radial menu as it stands; if I try to sleep in the day I can still bring up the radial menu and choose 'Zzz' which I'd expect to send me to sleep (even though I can't sleep during the day) but actually kicks me out of the tent :D

If you're going to stick with only allowing sleep at night it might be better to make the top entry in the radial menu read 'Leave Tent' rather than 'Zzz' if invoked while lying inside the tent.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!