New feature for EC, more EC materials and some survival thoughts

• Hey guys,

I would like to be able to cut beams and planks at an angle. It would solve a lot of problems when building a pitched roof or staircase among other things. I am thinking of another mode for EC which would lock the object in place, activate an edge loop of sorts which you could control with similar controls as the /selectarea command and than pressing a certain button would cut the plank at the desired angle. I know its alot more complicated than that but i was just wondering if something of the sort might be expected in the future.

I also like the idea posted by LaTroute where he suggests a measurement system and a method of obtaining the measurment of previously placed construction elements, as well as being able to select them directly to the same specification by highlighting them in the world, providing you have the same construction element in your inventory.

I would really like to see many more materials available for EC. I was trying to create my own kitchen cabinets and would love to be able to use thin slabs of marble for countertops instead of trying to pick a wood texture that does not look like wood(same for gyprock and many, many more things.

Being able to scale the EC objects on each axis individually would also improve the building system. For example, if in the future we have brick material for EC objects I would like to be able to give the plank form a little depth so that the bricks on the outside of my wall do not look as thin as the gyprock on the inside of my wall. This also helps for making beams that are wider than they are deep without having to place two beams overlapping.

Furthermore, when placing cabinets and tables and other objects, it would help a lot to be able to lock them in place with control and use the grid system for placement. It is often challenging to line up that first kitchen cabinet without having the backsplash end up in the wall behind it or the foot ending up a couple inches below the floor boards. Being able to scale these objects as well would add more variety to what you can do with them. My other idea for these type of objects is that instead of having it take time to place one of these objects, I was thinking on placement they could show up as a frame kinda like things do in Space Engineers, and than you would have to work on them with a hammer or other tool depending on the object your building.

As for the direction of survival mode, I personally would have more fun with human enemys and npcs such as other groups of survivors, as well as real wildlife posing a threat, rather than monsters and mythical creatures. I know a lot of people want to see swords and axes and magical weapons but i was hoping more for guns with many different attachments and customization options that could affect the stats of your weapon. For instance, everything from the classic sight and silencer upgrades, to the barrel, stock and grip could be changed to modify your weapon. For the melee lovers, maybe a wide variety of melee weapons that could be upgraded with items such as batteries and wire to make electrical weapons etc. Last but not least, town and city generation for looting and could also be where larger groups of friendly and hostile survivors might be found. However I am pretty sure most people want it to go a different way and either way I am sure it is gonna be a great game. :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!