World generation suggestions

• Hi Red51 and community.

This post is of some urgency to me, since I know you want to move on to the animal update. That is fine, world need animals. But i sure hope the world generator will get some more love also. Because we need more options when generating a new world.

My suggestion: Like in the java version, where we have options for the amount of animals and bandits that spawn, we ALSO need an option for amount of elevation, size of start island (and probably even more).

The thing i have noticed, is that ANY world i create, there is not enough flat space. Let me see if i can explain:

* The meadows are much too elevated, it feels like a mountain with grass.
    * The sea level is too "deep" i still haven't found a "flat" beach.
    * Spending hours just to find a good spot feels strange, i DO like to explore though, and searching for a place can be fun. Unless you spend hours and hours not finding any spot at all ...

Just my honest opinion here, i am sure not all will want to have flatter worlds, but if the options are there, we will ALL be satisfied and happy. Thanks for reading, keep up the excellent work Red

• Thanks for your feedback :) It's definitely our intention to add more options to the world generation, including a way to determine the amount of mountains and how many flat areas there should be.

Maybe it's sufficient if there is just a parameter to determine the total "elevation" or max height of an island. If it's smaller, this will automatically result in less mountains and more flat areas... we'll tinker with it a bit :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!